Sales positions are incredibly important, and companies tend to take the recruiting process for them very seriously. When reviewing candidates, companies and recruiting firms often ask sales job interview questions that are tailored to help them judge whether a particular candidate is a fit for a particular role.
In preparing for an interview for a sales position, it can be helpful to review sample sales job interview questions. The following sales job interview questions are used on HireArt’s online applications. We recommend that you practice responding to the following sales job interview questions, then review the tips provided to see if there is anything you can improve!
Your friend has a new project he wants to raise money for. You work at Indiegogo and want to convince him to post his project on Indiegogo. What do you say? Record a max 2 minute video.
- For any sales job interview questions that reference real companies and articles, do your research, if possible!
- In responses to sales job interview questions t, you should try to be as persuasive as possible.
- Provide concrete evidence to back up your response to all sales job interview questions
It's your first day on the job at Brooklyn Brewery and you are in charge of making a big delivery for a party in Manhattan. The morning of the party, the truck rental company sends an elephant instead of a truck. What do you do to ensure that you can make the delivery on time?
- Sales job interview questions are also sometimes designed to take you outside of your comfort zone! Don’t get thrown off by the elephant— simply take what you know and apply it to the situation.
- If you have enough time or space, share a story about a time when you had to change plans quickly.
- As you should with all sales job interview questions, try to think outside of the box.
You are organizing a conference for the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation dealing with climate change and environmental disasters. You want to convince Mayor Bloomberg to come speak at the conference and discuss Hurricane Sandy. Please write a short email to Mayor Bloomberg.
- Sales job interview questions like this allow an employer to see your correspondence style. Be sure to check for typos!
- This is another of those marketing job interview questions where you can impress a recruiter by doing a little bit of research, in this case, about the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- Pay attention to signifiers like “short” in sales job interview questions— if your response is too long, it may go unread!
Tell me what you've been doing most recently and why you're looking to make a change. Record a max 2 minute video.
- Some sales job interview questions are open-ended, providing a great opportunity to show off what you know! One great response to this question would be to name the marketing skills that you have developed at your previous jobs.
- Sales job interview questions that ask why you are looking for a change also provide the opportunity to describe what your ideal job environment looks like, and why you believe that this company is a good fit.
- Be sure to stay within the recommended time limit.