Location:Menlo Park, CA
Expected Pay Rate:$83.00 - $94.00 per hour
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
Assignment Length:6 month contract
HireArt is helping the world’s largest social network hire a Hardware Engineer to design and develop complex/detailed rigid, semi-rigid, and flexible printed circuits, using CAD and CAE tools.As a Hardware Engineer, you will:
- Create part footprints in conjunction with PCB Librarian.
- Take responsibility for PCB outline and layer setup as well as component placement and signal routing.
- Interface with board fabrication vendors to select and use the correct impedance rules, DFM, and DFT rulesets.
- Work with hardware engineers, PCB designers, and fabricators for the development and sustainability of actual products.
- Keep up with—and develop comprehensive knowledge of—industry standards and technologies.
- Be proactive in implementing new PCB technologies and processes.
- Bachelor’s in Electronics or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of Computer-aided Design (CAD) or Printed Circuit Board (PCB) design experience
- Experience with mechanical design
- Experience with state of the art PCB design tools and methodology
- Experience with Cadence and Allegro tools
- Proficiency with high-speed board designs or layouts
- Familiarity with high density ball-grid arrays (BGA), and blind and buried vias
- Familiarity with all phases of hardware development (i.e. schematic entry, manually generated constraints, requirements of the constraints, and board layout)
- Motivated self-starter with strong organizational skills and effective written/verbal communication
Commitment:This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 6-month contract position staffed via HireArt and based in Menlo Park, CA. It will be fully remote until offices reopen and is available to candidates local to the Bay Area.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas or employ corp-to-corp.