Location:Menlo Park, CA
Expected Pay Rate:$50.00 - $60.00 per hour
HireArt is looking to hire an Illustrator to work onsite at their client's Menlo Park office on a contract basis. In this role you will apply illustration and color systems to the client's gaming product, while also partnering with the visual systems team to ensure consistency and quality across the gaming app.
The ideal candidate is an experienced creative with a background in illustration, animation, and product. You should be comfortable working across many digital platforms with multiple teams, and always be curious and eager to experiment.
Additionally, you are comfortable collaborating and providing a creative point of view with designers, illustrators, animators, content strategists, and product designers to grow and evolve work from a design perspective.
- Establish an illustration system logic and creation of illustration assets of all type, both as stills and in motion, and deliver high-quality content.
- Generate new concepts quickly based on stakeholder direction and self-driven research.
- Manage individual projects in a way that guarantees on-time delivery and a clear work flow.
- Collaborate closely with product designers, content strategists, art directors, and creative directors to understand how product needs map within an illustration/animation system.
- Share learnings across the organization to constantly improve the quality and effectiveness of the team's work.
- 4+ years experience in illustration at a creative agency or in-house design team
- Experience building brand and visual systems
- Illustration expertise in a various styles, with a deep understanding of color, composition, and digital production
- Experience working on projects such as storyboards, narratives, promotional campaigns, products, and branding assignments
- Passion for creating illustration stories for the gaming community
- Strong presentation, interpersonal, and communication skills
- An understanding of how to incorporate research insights into the work
- Knowledge in adapting illustration systems for cultural relevance
- Experience using Illustrator and Photoshop
- Online portfolio showcasing relevant work is required
- Experience developing illustration concepts for motion and a desire for telling universal stories
- Knowledge of Sketch and After Effects
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 6-month contract position through HireArt and based in Menlo Park, CA.