HireArt is looking to hire a Shipping Coordinator to work on-site at our client’s Menlo Park campus on a contract basis. In this role, you’ll provide day-to-day support for shipping needs across the organization and work to create efficiencies that streamline shipping and receiving processes.
We’re seeking a Shipping Coordinator who is highly-motivated and proactive. You are comfortable supporting a large team in a fast-paced, time-sensitive shipping environment, and have exceptional organizational skills to identify, assess, and solve problems quickly and frequently.
- Comply with material handling, packing, and shipping processes and procedures
- Support engineering, events, admin, and logistics teams by coordinating shipment preparation as required
- Package items, print labels, and prepare documentation as required
- Maintain shipping supplies and stock appropriately based on need
- Execute against instructions provided by the Logistics department.
- Provide reports on outbound shipments.
- Compare Bills of Lading against items received.
- Correlate items received to PO’s.
- Inspect for damaged goods.
- Expedite receiving process by providing support as needed.
- Receive and distribute items to correct recipients in a timely fashion.
- Provide detailed reports on inbound shipments.
- Experience within international shipping and receiving environments
- Experience in preparing shipments for exports via third party forwarders
- Familiarity with FedEx, DHL, UPS and other couriers
- Familiarity with HS codes and awareness of ECCN
- Strong organizational skills, teamwork mentality, and exceptional work ethic
- Proactive in identifying and communicating solutions and improvements
- Genuine care and concern for meeting others' needs and delivering successful experiences
- Excellent verbal and written communication to present your message to a wide range of audiences, including artists, designers, programmers, operations, and visitors
- Comfortable using internal communication and organizational tools, e.g. task systems and chat groups
- Able to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch
- Able to occasionally lift and/or move heavy items
- Able to travel occasionally
- Able to maintain flexible hours
Commitment: This is an ongoing, long-term contract position.