Location:Menlo Park, CA
Expected Pay Rate:$50.00 - $59.00 per hour
HireArt is looking to hire a Communication Designer to work onsite at their client's Menlo Park office on a contract basis. In this role you will be responsible for shaping and leading design communications across several product initiatives.
As an experienced designer, you are comfortable collaborating and providing a creative point of view with art directors, illustrators, content strategists, and product designers to grow and evolve work from a design perspective. You should be comfortable working across many digital platforms with multiple teams, and always be curious and eager to experiment.
The ideal individual for this role is a multi-faceted and innovative problem solver who has an eye for great creative work, talent, and the ability to deliver and launch initiatives on time and on strategy. The successful candidate should have strong, focused experience in communication design.
- Execute on communication design across several platforms, combining iconography, photography, illustration, typography, and other graphic elements (as appropriate).
- Create sketches, storyboards, prototypes, and/or design specs to guide development of useful and consistent experiences.
- Communicate design direction in addition to being a hands-on designer.
- Seek out creative opportunities to improve on existing style(s) and approach.
- Work in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Meet multiple deadlines, prioritize work, and escalate issues to keep projects moving forward.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years experience in communication design
- Experience designing visual systems as well as creating graphic design elements from illustrations to iconography
- Strong user interface and user experience knowledge and application
- Knowledge in digital product design
- Experience creating work for digital surfaces (mobile, web)
- Presentation, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Knowledge in Illustrator, Photoshop, and Sketch
- Experience with time management, task prioritization, and identifying problems to work towards solutions
- A link to an online portfolio showcasing your work
- Experience in collaborating with content strategy and product designers
- Familiarity working in tech environments
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 5-month contract position through HireArt and based in Menlo Park, CA.