Expected Pay Rate:$50.00 - $70.00 per hour
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 9 AM - 6 PM
Assignment Length:6 month contract
HireArt is helping Baidu USA hiring a skilled System Integration Engineer with bilingual proficiency in Mandarin and English. In this role, you’ll focus on the development, installation, and testing of harnesses and modules for autonomous vehicles.
As System Integration Engineer, you’ll work closely with Engineering teams to develop a keen understanding of autonomous vehicles’ structural layout and electrical design to identify issues and implement improvements. You’ll be critical to the process from ordering raw materials to hands-on production, assembly, and trouble-shooting.
The ideal candidate has in-depth experience in structuring wiring harnesses and familiarity with harness processing, production, and assembly. You’re proactive and highly motivated, a great communicator and collaborator, and can quickly adapt in a dynamic environment.
As System Integration Engineer, you will:
- Develop deep understanding of the structural layout and electrical design scheme of autonomous driving vehicles.
- Install, arrange, test, and verify the structure of wiring harnesses for autonomous driving vehicles.
- Perform disassembly, installation, and routine maintenance of modules for autonomous driving vehicles.
- Cooperate with maintenance engineers and structure engineers to complete problem diagnosis, testing, and verification of issues.
- Hands-on production of some structural parts and wiring harnesses.
- Submit purchase requests the raw materials and follow up with suppliers.
- Improve vehicles’ existing structure for wiring harnesses.
- Associate degree or higher in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, automobile or related
- 3+ years of work experience in structuring wiring harnesses
- Familiarity with basic harness structural parts, general wiring harness processing, production, assembly, and mold processing
- Strong communication skills and collaboration skills
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic
- Proactive and able to quickly adapt to changes in work content and methods
- Bilingual in Mandarin and English
- Work experience in vehicle manufacturing or with autonomous vehicles
- Familiarity with Linux systems and sensor connector development
- Familiar with packaging, publication, and distribution of software
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 6-month contract position staffed via HireArt and based in Sunnyvale, CA.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas.
Located in the heart of Silicon Valley, Baidu USA’s team of elite, world-class researchers and engineers devote their time to tackling the most challenging, change-the-world projects in AI and related fields. Baidu USA is comprised of four groups: Baidu Research US, Intelligent Driving Group US, Baidu USDC and Smart Living Group US.
USA, we act with the nimbleness of a startup, but as a global company,
have access to immense computing resources and data. This makes Baidu
USA the best place for those working in AI to see their work developed
and potentially deployed to hundreds of millions of users. http://usa.baidu.com/