Location:Menlo Park, CA
Expected Pay Rate:$76.00 - $86.00 per hour
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 8 hours/week, 40 hours/week. Occasional early morning and late evening meetings will need to be accommodated by shifting start times.
Assignment Length:6 month contract
HireArt is helping the world's largest social network find a RAN Solution Architect who will work on network management and automation design issues related to OpenRAN.
In this role, you will work on system level design, helping to develop what the system looks like, its models, and the interface between the models. You'll work in conjunction with engineers developing wireless access technologies and network management and automation software that makes it easier and quicker to deploy telecom networks.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience in cellular radio technology, including experience in the wireless network management field and constantly stays abreast of developments in the telecom domain.
This position can be performed remotely from anywhere in the U.S., but you will be required to come into the Menlo Park office 1-2 times a month once the team is back on site.
As RAN Solution Architect, you will:
- Identify key use cases and common technical requirements in areas of OpenRAN management from operator partners to drive data modeling and API design.
- Drive the development of flexible, cost-effective, and open management solutions by understanding operator deployment scenarios (e.g. network topologies, architecture, and indoor/outdoor deployment use cases).
- Attend meetings on OpenRAN management and data modeling hosted by industrial forum and standardization organizations, such as O-RAN Alliance.
- Consolidate requirements, produce Telecom Infra Project (TIP) OpenRAN requirements documents, data models, and interface specifications.
- Review data models and interface implementations in solutions contributed to TIP OpenRAN.
- Author white papers and blog posts to introduce and help drive adoption of TIP infrastructure.
- 5+ years of experience as a Systems Engineer in the telecommunication/radio technology Industry
- Experience with RAN Virtualization or OAMP/OSS architecture and design or Network Operations Planning
- Bachelors Degree or higher in Telecommunications Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent degree/experience
- Firm understanding of 4G/5G mobile telecom infrastructure system architecture and a deep understanding of RAN technology and base station implementation
- Experience with master data models, network resource models, and service models, including experience using technologies such as Yang and Netconf
- High-level understanding of RAN lifecycle management with expertise in network design principles, wireless spectrum bands, and RAN deployment scenarios
- Strong interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a diverse, cross-functional team
- Strong oral & written communication skills
- Willingness and ability to work outside of normal working hours and ability to travel occasionally
- Familiarity with SON and RAN management standards developed by at least 2 of the following, O-RAN Alliance, 3GPP, TM Forum, Small Cell Forum, IETF
- Familiarity with the concepts of cloud native and containerized network functions, DevOps and CI/CD, and AI/ML
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas.