Expected Pay Rate:$34.00 per hour
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week. Day (8am-4pm) and night (4pm-12am) shifts available
HireArt is helping Zoox hire a Level 5 Vehicle Operator to test and validate the hardware and software deployed on the company’s autonomous vehicle, which will go into production in the very near future.
In this role, you’ll operate the L5 vehicle, supporting vehicle readiness, complete software and hardware tests, and, when needed, represent Zoox as an ambassador to the public—all while upholding the highest safety standards.
You’ll also assist and interact with multiple teams across the company, including computer vision, infrastructure, sound design, strategy, vehicle engineering, and ride operations. Working as a Level 5 Vehicle Operator at Zoox will give you the opportunity to learn the Level 5 autonomous platform and how the system works as a whole. You will have a front row seat to the operational complexities of realizing autonomous mobility, while being a key component of contributing to the future of the company and the industry as a whole.
We’re looking for operators who are disciplined, team players, and believe in doing whatever it takes to accomplish the mission. They should be motivated and driven individuals, with excellent problem solving and communication skills. Candidates will support operations across multiple locations in the Bay Area, with opportunities to support testing and validation at test sites outside of California.
You’ll be responsible for software deployment, vehicle preparation, test execution, and troubleshooting issues before, during, and after testing. Operations will include data acquisition and annotation, ensuring test equipment readiness, and setting up the tests as directed by the test coordinator.As a Level 5 Vehicle Operator, you will:
- Operate and complete test missions on the L5 autonomous vehicle platform.
- Maintain a high level of safety awareness at all times, providing input to improve processes.
- Support the Software team in the execution of key software operation tasks.
- Support missions through a wide variety of roles, in and out of vehicles.
- Assist with documentation and metrics capture.
- Provide accurate written and oral feedback to engineering teams.
- Support the Mission Readiness team with basic vehicle preventative maintenance checks, services, and repairs.
- Provide logistical support for the movement and storage of vehicles and equipment.
- Experience working in a Linux environment is a must
- Experience working with and troubleshooting complex technical systems
- Excellent driving history and no criminal history
- Must have a driver's license and means of transportation to and from test sites
- Flexibility for day, night, and/or weekend work, with as much advance notice as possible
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills and attention to detail
- Proactive mindset and resourcefulness
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Must be able to maintain composure and handle frequent changes or unexpected disruptions
- Proven track record of working with little supervision, solving problems, and meeting deadlines
- Degree in a technical discipline (e.g. Engineering, IT, or any STEM field)
- Previous experience in AV, in the automotive or aviation industry
- Previous military experience
Commitment:This is a full-time (40 hours per week), ongoing contract position staffed via HireArt. It is open to candidates who can commute to Tracy, CA.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas or employ corp-to-corp.
Zoox was founded to make personal transportation safer, cleaner, and more enjoyable—for everyone. To achieve that goal, the team created a whole new form of transportation.
Zoox will provide mobility-as-a-service in dense urban environments. We will handle the driving, charging, maintenance, and upgrades for our fleet of vehicles. The rider will simply pay for the service.
In 2020, Zoox joined forces with Amazon. And in the process, solidified our future in the autonomous vehicle industry.
We are focused on testing on private and public roads as we move towards launching the first Zoox ride-hailing service.