The Office Administrator is a dynamic and conscientious individual that will report into our Manager of Teambuilding + Cultural Ops, with a dotted line to our Design/Build Specialist in terms of IT infrastructure management tasks and ultimately into n e t a’s Founder and Chief Architect, Lyde Spann.
The Office Administrator will be responsible for ensuring our NYC office runs smoothly, which also supports an employee on the ground in San Diego, CA. This looks like vendor oversight for all office vendors, overseeing all team Google calendars as it relates to team activities, awards applications for n e t a project launches and new employee/contractor set up throughout our on-boarding experience.
The OA will provide support in our teambuilding efforts, employee/contractor set-up and training efforts. As part of n e t a’s teambuilding and cultural operations department, this pivotal role will help define an employee-centric culture that is carving out a new way of working, with a group of individuals who support the industries of Fashion, Mental Health, Art, Food, Wellness, Finance and entrepreneurs, companies and organizations that are choosing to ‘move the needle’ in their respective fields. The OA will support and interface with all n e t a team members including its: Chief Architect/Strategist, Designers and Programmers, Project Managers and Coordinators and Data Scientists/Analyst(s). This is a critical role on our new and rapidly growing internal Team building and Operations team, and one that offers significant growth opportunities. This Position may provide oversight of specific Intern task(s) in preparation for client meeting sessions and deliverables.
BUILDING EXPERIENCE – WHAT YOU’LL BE EXPOSED TO:
You’ll be exposed to all areas of a thriving start-up business (and in some cases much larger businesses, our clients’!) including, but not limited to: consulting/client services, project management, leading website implementation & platform technology development, marketing-communication planning, branding, financial modeling/analytics, copy development, cutting edge graphic design, market research best practice, and investor/strategic partner procurement (i.e. fundraising).
The Office Administrator will be a core member of the internal Operations Team, which serves as the backbone of n e t a. Our OA will be required to consistently demonstrate the ability to proactively solve problems while working efficiently in a fast-paced environment, while keeping a positive and professional attitude. Our OA should be organized, self-motivated and resourceful, s/he will thrive on the opportunity to manage workflow and productivity of a fast-paced and growing environment.
On a daily basis, our OA will be solely responsible for purchases for the office (Accounts Payable), oversee and helping to define n e t a’s employee-centric culture including employee enrollment (new employee/contractor paperwork, employee benefit enrollment, handbook, vacation request management, training guides), manage multiple google calendars, handle accounts receivable, file expense reports, coordinate office vendors, identify operational efficiency for sales & margin and internal projects, on board new hires and assist in the preparation and planning of n e t a teambuilding + other company events. Our OA will also be called on to train and assist team members on different programs, work with the n e t a ops and client services team to ensure operational goals are being met, and perform other miscellaneous admin/ops tasks as requested (like running errands, creating reports and performing research).
Just 1 year ago, n e t a was a team of 4, we are currently a headcount of 8+, and will grow to 11+ within the next 3 months. Additionally, our OA will interface with all n e t a team members.
The following is a sampling of tasks that will continue to evolve based on the company’s needs as n e t a continues its growth trajectory.
Office Purchasing: office supplies and replenishment for purchases < $500, and receipt filing
- Oversees and coordinates office vendors including, but not limited to commercial cleaning vendors, contractors, electrical
- Institute an Operational Budget tracking process directly with Founder
Responsible for n e t a team cleaning calendar and that office is in accord with all building standards
Oversight of “NETA Admin Manual”, Shared Drive and hard binder files organization of all bookkeeping, legal, and business operational documentation
Oversight of primary inquiries into n e t a eVoice system(s), email alias(es) coverage and
Product Display, Team Discount Program
Vendor Management: all office vendors, water, DSL, phone systems, purchasing
TEAMBUILDING, TRAINING, EMPLOYEE BENEFITS & HANDBOOK
New Employee and Contractor Set-up:
- Sets up introductory packet ensuring that all Contractor and Employee Paperwork is complete in accordance with employee/1099 status
- NDA and Employee Handbook
- Ensure all contractors and employees are in obligation with n e t a confidentiality agreements (i.e. NDA’s)
- Supports Manager of Team Building in employee enrollment in all n e t a benefits including, but not limited to: MTA commuter benefit program, disability, cell phone stipend, health insurance stipend, and (future) retirement benefits
Teambuilding + n e t a culture: Assist in coordinating team outings and other n e t a events
- Participates in team outreach for all n e t a job postings, drafts social postings in accord with n e t a standards
- Recruiting efforts: proofs n e t a job descriptions and website updates, supports reference/background checks and participates in n e t a’s interview process
Training: evolves employee/contractor check list and set-up across internal team for employee ramp up period
- Actively participates in n e t a employee and contractor on-boarding and on-going QC (quality control)
- Detailed Guides: refine/edit/develop Admin Operational Manual, Quickbooks, Out of Office checklists, and ADMIN checklists as needed
QUICKBOOKS AND ACCOUNTS PAYABLE
Vendor Management: Entry, cleanup as needed, and database management of vendors
Accounts Payable: enters all bills and scheduling payments within a timely fashion w/necessary resources; secures checks/mailings in accordance with payment terms with n e t a’s book- keeping standards and in compliance with vendor terms
- Vendor Optimization: identify areas of negotiation with any/all vendors according to expense output
NETAMORPOHSIS - Internal
- Toggle/eBillity hours management (ideally daily) in accordance with n e t a’s Quickbooks and eBillity guidelines
- Office Clean-Up – shared by the n e t a team in a weekly rotating schedule, participation in A.M./P.M. 2x weekly clean up responsibility
- Weekly Touch Base meetings, Admin List management to assure system is working smoothly and in accordance with productivity goals
- Templates refinements, Checklist creation and visual training guides as needed
The Office Administrator will interface with the following software and systems
- Quickbooks Online
- eBillity (Hours Logging) - an Intuit App
- Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar)
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
- Trello (to manage IT and computer software needs)
- Keynote (Mac version)
- Mac OSX Proficient – n e t a is a MAC environment and likewise, this position will also need to be proficient on a MAC in the above programs
WHAT WE'D LIKE TO SEE:
- Possesses a ‘can do’ attitude and isn’t afraid to learn from one’s mistakes
- Systematically inclined: this position is about defining systems, and detailing documentation in addition to conducting day-to- day operations
- Highly organized: demonstrated capabilities regarding email management, calendar management and spreadsheet construction including formula and formatting integrity
- Strong communication skills, maturity and professionalism with all levels of employees ranging from CEO’s of Fortune 500 companies to entry level/interns
- Time management skills and the ability to meet strict deadlines, often while working independently
- A high degree of professionalism, detail-oriented, proactive approach with a commitment to excellence
- Loads of common sense, passion, responsibility, and confidence.
- Mininum 2 Years experience working in an operations role, ideally with administration experience, and handling confidential information
- Proven ability to research and negotiate with external vendors
- Strong problem-solving ability – can you think of a way to handle anything??
- Excellent calendar and time management experience (Google apps experience a plus!)
- Excellent Microsoft Suite: MS Word and Excel capabilities
- Demonstrated strong written, verbal and communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience where required skill sets were developed
n e t a (m o r p h o s i s) is an award-winning (Telly Awards, Communicator Awards, w3 Awards, Davey Awards) growth-focused consultancy. We are a new kind of company; think McKinsey meets a top- notch creative/branding agency, specializing in eCommerce who works with $1B to start-ups, some of the most recognized people and companies in the world trust our firm with their strategic direction, branding and financial solvency. We strive to help people think about the world we live in and to achieve their greatest business potential. n e t a was founded by Lyde Spann, who built this new framework of working, upon 17 years experience delivering complex web architectures that produced compelling multi-channel (business) performance results for such globally recognized and FORTUNE 500 companies as Inditex (zara.com), MoMA, west elm (within the Williams-Sonoma Inc. umbrella) to HSBC, JP Morgan Chase and Prudential.
n e t a was founded in 2011, clients who have undergone the n e t a m o r p h o s i s Phased approach collectively average a +324% CAGR (compound annual growth rate) within a 3-year period. Our clients extend across fashion, lifestyle, home, food, health/medical sectors, and include AERIN, the original founders of Kate Spade, with their most recent effort, El Palacio de Hierro, the largest luxury retailer in Mexico, (www.soytotalamentepalacio.com), Oliviers & Co., The New Museum, Newport Academy, the most forward-thinking private education and treatment facility in the country, Kirna Zabête and Dynomighty Design, creator of the mighty wallet®