Location:San Francisco, CA
Expected Pay Rate:$78.00 - $89.00 per hour
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
Assignment Length:6 month contract
HireArt is helping the world’s largest social network hire a UX/UI Designer to work on an AI audio innovation team to create 0-1 AI-powered speech and audio prototypes that use speech synthesis, NLP, generative audio, GANs, and XR as the raw material for creative exploration.
In this role, you’ll use the full scope of your visual, interaction, and user-centered design skills, and work with a cross-disciplinary group of partners to quickly stand up concepts/demos that will help inform the future of audio at the company.As a UX/UI Designer, you will:
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into compelling interactive and functional prototypes.
- Own the full design experience—from visual assets to interactions.
- Scope/design new features, UI, and systems for 0-1 AI audio experience demos.
- Provide deliverables that bring concepts to life (e.g. wireframes, prototypes, and annotated visual designs).
- Design graphic user interface elements (e.g. menus, tabs, widgets, and audio UI).
- Brainstorm ideas and create prototypes to help find creative solutions to emerging UX and AR experience challenges with AI audio.
- Work with UXR on user studies and UX research to help refine/fine-tune prototype iterations.
- Proactively solicit and provide feedback from designers and a broader product team in order to continually raise the company’s bar for quality, while also taking on mentorships.
- Bachelor’s in Visual Arts, Design, HCI, or related field
- 4+ years of experience working in a UX-, UI-, or HCI-related field building applications or software at the level of whole features/products encompassing an end-to-end experiences
- Strong portfolio with engaging diverse material demonstrating a passion for design
- Experience designing on multiple platforms (e.g. iOS, Android, Mobile web, Desktop, etc.)
- Highly proficient with design tools, like Figma and the Adobe Suite (e.g. After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Interaction designs skills strongly demonstrating user-centered approach
- Ability to function autonomously in ambiguous research and exploratory settings
- Visual design proficiency in desktop/mobile UI, color, layout, iconography and aesthetic sense of how these elements impact product function and UX
- Experience with product direction and strategic thinking
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with interactive prototyping tools (e.g. Framer, Principle, Origami, Invision Studio, etc.)
- Experience designing for audio or machine learning user experiences
- AR/VR or motion graphics experience, working with Unity and C#
Commitment:This is a full-time, 6-month contract position staffed via HireArt and based in the San Francisco Bay Area. It will be fully remote and is available to candidates local to the Bay Area.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas or employ corp-to-corp.