Expected Pay Rate:$70.00 - $80.00 per hour
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week, 9/80 schedule
HireArt is helping Toyota Research Institute (TRI) hire a Full-Stack Web Developer, Deep Learning, Perception to maintain and improve native C++ visualization tooling.
The ideal candidate is a self sufficient engineer with 3+ years of relevant experience, strong C++ development skills, and extensive experience with python and shell scripting. Additionally, you'll possess the following attributes:
- Focused on understanding and fulfilling customer goals and use-cases.
- Takes initiative to understand the existing workflows and critical path the users are on.
- Takes pride in their work and in seeing-through successful deployment of their software.
As Full-Stack Web Developer, you will
- Maintain existing infrastructure via python, s3, and shell scripting. Respond to user requests for improved visualization and features.
- Upgrade python-based visualization framework to allow more granular and custom queries and data inspection.
- Be able to propose and design any major overhauls that become necessary.
- Make improvements to the C++ metric computation framework
- Collaborate with other perception engineers and scientists to develop perception
- algorithms, systems, and tools for autonomous driving systems.
- Support the development of large data sets and data pipelines for system training and
- Design backend storage to support downloading logs and eval data for in-depth analysis by developers.
- Ideally, maintain and improve native C++ visualization tooling.
- BS in CS/CE/EE, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of professional experience in related position
- Extensive experience with python and shell scripting.
- Strong communication skills. Team player. Seeks to understand user needs and understand how they want to interact with web view and back-end data.
- Strong C++ software development skills.
- Proficient in Python and Linux is a minimum. Additional knowledge of C++ is a plus
- Plus: Proficient in debugging DOM objects in Chrome or similar environment.
- Plus: strong experience with web frameworks like react.js or knockout.js
- Plus: background knowledge of machine learning, object tracking/detection.
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), on-going contract position staffed via HireArt. This position can be fully remote, but may require occasional travel to San Francisco, CA or Ann Arbor, MI.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas or employ corp-to-corp.
TRI provides Equal Employment Opportunity without regard to the applicant's race, color, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, religion, marital status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state or local laws.
At Toyota Research Institute (TRI), we’re working to build a future where everyone has the freedom to move, engage, and explore with a focus on reducing vehicle collisions, injuries, and fatalities. Join us in our mission to improve the quality of human life through advances in artificial intelligence, automated driving, robotics, and materials science. We’re dedicated to building a world of “mobility for all” where everyone, regardless of age or ability, can live in harmony with technology to enjoy a better life. Through innovations in AI, we’ll...
● Develop vehicles incapable of causing a crash, regardless of the actions of the driver.
● Develop technology for vehicles and robots to help people enjoy new levels of independence, access, and mobility.
● Bring advanced mobility technology to the market faster.
● Discover new materials that will make drive batteries and hydrogen fuel cells smaller, lighter, less expensive and more powerful.
Our work is guided by a dedication to safety – in how we research, develop, and validate the performance of vehicle technology to benefit society. As a subsidiary of Toyota, TRI is fueled by a diverse and inclusive community of people who carry invaluable leadership, experience, and ideas from industry-leading companies. Over half of our technical team carries Ph.D. degrees. We’re continually searching for the world’s best talent ‒ people who are ready to define the new world of mobility with us!
We strive to build a company that helps our people thrive, achieve work-life balance, and bring their best selves to work. At TRI, you will have the opportunity to enjoy the best of both worlds ‒ a fun start-up environment with brilliant people who enjoy solving tough problems and the financial backing to successfully achieve our goals. If you’re passionate about working with smart people to make cars safer, enable the elderly to age in place, or design alternative fuel sources, TRI is the place for you. ‒ Start your impossible with us.