Expected Salary$30.00 - $35.00 per hour
HireArt is looking to hire a Robotics Operations Specialist to work on-site at Toyota Research Institute’s (TRI) Cambridge location on a contract basis.
TRI’s Prototyping and Robotics Operations Team is tasked with supporting the testing, maintenance, shipping, and deployment, both internal and external, of all of TRI’s robots. You’ll work seamlessly with each robotics group across TRI’s three locations on a variety of experimental hardware platforms.
In addition to managing operations individual to each team, in the spirit of kaizen, you’ll also seek to generalize techniques and tools to better support the organization as a whole. We are looking for a Robotics Operations Specialist to support the team with all aspects of the tasks outlined below.
- Execute events, field tests, and other deployments in support of the broader engineering team.
- Directly operate mobile robots during deployment activities.
- Record and otherwise document testing activities, conditions, and results.
- Performing builds and tear-downs of deployment facilities, workstations, etc.
- Own collection, packing, and use of safety, including fire suppression, equipment.
- Arrange for construction, pick-up, shipping, and delivery of robot crates.
- Drive robotics resources and testing equipment to and from test sites.
- Travel locally, domestically, and internationally, as needed.
- Collect and share insights from observations of robot system operations.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience in a technician or technical operations position
- Strong understanding of common robot sensors and mechanical components
- Strong organizational and technical writing skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- A strict safety-first mindset
- A team player with strong communication skills
- Willingness to travel domestically
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 12-month contract position through HireArt and based in Cambridge, MA.
HireArt provides Equal Employment Opportunity without regard to the applicant's race, color, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, religion, marital status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state or local laws.
At Toyota Research Institute (TRI), we’re working to build a future where everyone has the freedom to move, engage, and explore with a focus on reducing vehicle collisions, injuries, and fatalities. Join us in our mission to improve the quality of human life through advances in artificial intelligence, automated driving, robotics and materials science. We’re dedicated to building a world of “mobility for all” where everyone, regardless of age or ability, can live in harmony with technology to enjoy a better life.
Through innovations in AI, we’ll...
● Develop vehicles incapable of causing a crash, regardless of the actions of the driver.
● Develop technology for vehicles and robots to help people enjoy new levels of independence, access, and mobility.
● Bring advanced mobility technology to market faster.
● Discover new materials that will make drive batteries and hydrogen fuel cells smaller, lighter, less expensive and more powerful.
Our work is guided by a dedication to safety – in how we research, develop, and validate the performance of vehicle technology to benefit society. As a subsidiary of Toyota, TRI is fueled by a diverse and inclusive community of people who carry invaluable leadership, experience, and ideas from industry-leading companies. Over half of our technical team carries PhD degrees. We’re continually searching for the world’s best talent ‒ people who are ready to define the new world of mobility with us!
We strive to build a company that helps our people thrive, achieve work life balance, and bring their best selves to work. At TRI, you will have the opportunity to enjoy the best of both worlds ‒ a fun start up environment with brilliant people who enjoy solving tough problems and the financial backing to successfully achieve our goals. If you’re passionate about working with smart people to make cars safer, enable the elderly to age in place, or design alternative fuel sources, TRI is the place for you. ‒ Start your impossible with us. https://www.tri.global/