Expected Salary$34 - $38 per year
HireArt is looking to hire a Technical Artist to work on-site at our client’s Seattle headquarters on a contract basis. In this position, you’ll take an active role in a highly collaborative workplace and work closely with other teams to take on technical challenges.
We’re seeking an experienced Technical Artist with exceptional communication and project management skills. You’ll work to ensure content is developed on target and on budget, and work closely with artists to successfully manage design workflow, pipelines, and best practices.
- Help artists with everyday blocking issues regarding content tools and workflow.
- Manage technical pipelines related to level production (i.e. source file management/streaming/visibility/collision/physics materials/lighting setup).
- Work with other technical artists to establish and monitor best practices, budgets, and performance.
- Ensure content is meeting memory budgets and performance targets.
- Art-related degree and/or comparable professional experience
- Experience with one or more commercial game engines (e.g. Unreal or Unity)
- Generalist knowledge in skills such as modeling, texturing, lighting, animation, physics and particle systems
- Expertise with at least one of the leading 3D applications (e.g. Maya, 3ds Max, Softimage, Houdini, MotionBuilder)
- Experience with leading image manipulation tools (e.g. Photoshop, After Effects or Nuke)
- Strong communication skills for working across multiple disciplines
- Strong time-management and organizational skills
- Task driven, self-motivated, proactive, and able to work well under deadlines
Commitment: This is a 12-month contract.