Location:Los Altos, CA
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 9 AM - 5 PM
Assignment Length:1 year contract
HireArt is helping TRI hire a skilled Front End Developer to develop and enhance the company’s main front-end platform for autonomous vehicle prototypes. The Front End Developer will also design and develop a range of applications for use across TRI’s platforms.
As Front End Developer, you will:
- Interface front end with vehicle systems and communication busses.
- Help out with front end work on other applications (HTML/CSS/JS).
- Develop specifications and designs for complex applications or modifying/maintaining complex existing applications.
- Perform code analysis, requirements analysis, identification of code metrics, system risk analysis, and software reliability analysis.
- Manage performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability, and automation.
- MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS or similar relevant field
- Full-stack web development experience
- Experience with a responsive design for desktop/mobile
- CSS compiler knowledge (E.g., Sass, LESS)
- Experience with other JS libraries like ExtJS, Backbone.js, Angular.js, Node.js and other frameworks
- Ability to interface front end with data networks (i.e. CAN)
- Experience with WebSockets, Redux, ThreeJS, Webpack, and/or Express
- Strong track record of designing and shipping successful software design experiences
- Ability to work in an Agile environment
Nice to have:
- Experience in prototyping or front-end development
- Experience in 3D graphics implementation and dealing with 3D sensor data
- WebGL software experience
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 1-year contract position staffed via HireArt and based in Los Altos, CA.
TRI provides Equal Employment Opportunity without regard to the applicant's race, color, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, religion, marital status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state or local laws.
At Toyota Research Institute (TRI), we’re working to build a future where everyone has the freedom to move, engage, and explore with a focus on reducing vehicle collisions, injuries, and fatalities. Join us in our mission to improve the quality of human life through advances in artificial intelligence, automated driving, robotics, and materials science. We’re dedicated to building a world of “mobility for all” where everyone, regardless of age or ability, can live in harmony with technology to enjoy a better life. Through innovations in AI, we’ll…
- Develop vehicles incapable of causing a crash, regardless of the actions of the driver.
- Develop technology for vehicles and robots to help people enjoy new levels of independence, access, and mobility.
- Bring advanced mobility technology to the market faster.
- Discover new materials that will make batteries and hydrogen fuel cells smaller, lighter, less expensive and more powerful.
Our work is guided by a dedication to safety – in how we research, develop, and validate the performance of vehicle technology to benefit society. As a subsidiary of Toyota, TRI is fueled by a diverse and inclusive community of people who carry invaluable leadership, experience, and ideas from industry-leading companies. Over half of our technical team carries PhD degrees. We’re continually searching for the world’s best talent ‒ people who are ready to define the new world of mobility with us!
We strive to build a company that helps our people thrive, achieve work-life balance, and bring their best selves to work. At TRI, you will have the opportunity to enjoy the best of both worlds ‒ a fun start-up environment with brilliant people who enjoy solving tough problems and the financial backing to successfully achieve our goals. Come work with TRI if you’re interested in transforming mobility through designing safer cars, enabling the elderly to age in place, or designing alternative fuel sources. Start your impossible with us. https://www.tri.global/