Expected Pay Rate:$60.00 - $66.00 per hour
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
Assignment Length:1 year contract
HireArt is helping the world’s largest social network find a Firmware Engineer to design, develop, test, and evaluate database management systems. The ideal candidate will have 2+ years experience developing microcontroller-based systems.
As Firmware Engineer, you will:
- Modify existing databases and database management systems.
- Investigate and debug issues in embedded environments down to the hardware level.
- Work as part of a project team to coordinate database development and determine project scope and limitations.
- Review project requests describing database user needs to estimate time and cost required to accomplish the project.
- Work independently with limited direction to meet project goals.
- 2+ years of experience developing microcontroller-based systems
- Experience writing C and C++ in embedded environments
- Familiarity with common signaling protocols found in embedded systems, such as I2C and UART
- Familiarity with USB at a low level, through USB 2.0 at least
- Familiarity with common build systems, linkers, and debugging tools for embedded environments
- Basic familiarity with real-time operating systems such as FreeRTOS or Zephyr
- Familiarity with revision control systems such as Git and Mercurial
- User-level familiarity with Linux systems, with kernel-level familiarity preferred
- Some field-programmable gate array (FPGA) experience preferred
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 1-year contract role through HireArt and based in Redmond, WA. This role will be performed fully remotely until offices reopen.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas.