Expected Pay Rate:$15.00 per hour
Schedule:Up to 30 hours per week
HireArt is helping our client, an autonomous mobility startup, grow its quickly expanding an autonomous shuttle operations team. In this role, you will provide superior customer service to shuttle passengers while operating the autonomous shuttle and system interface.
You will be an integral part of a team on the cutting edge of new technologies. The ideal candidate is a people person that enjoys interacting with the public who is passionate about solving transportation issues with green technology solutions.
This role begins with paid training. After training, you will spend 90 days learning about the technology with hands-on training by operating an autonomous shuttle on fixed routes in your local community. Successful Shuttle Attendants have the opportunity for full-time employment with benefits and career advancement.
As a Shuttle Attendant, you will:
- Operate the vehicle and system interface with customers on board
- Confidently represent the community and area businesses as a positive information source
- Communicate clearly and enthusiastically with autonomous vehicle passengers
- Professionally troubleshoot any issues with riders should the need arise
- Perform basic vehicle inspections before and after driving to ensure the safety and protection of the asset
- Shutdown and start the vehicle onboard computer systems
- Troubleshoot basic hardware and software issues
- Notify the maintenance department of any vehicle issues needing attention
- Create service tickets for issues as they arise; follow up to ensure issues are addressed and corrected
- Provide logistical support for the movement and storage of vehicles and equipment
- Ensure the readiness and cleanliness of vehicles, equipment, and the workplace
- Assist with paperwork and documentation related to vehicle readiness
- Effective verbal communication skills in front of small groups
- Must enjoy being a team player and interacting with the public
- Professional appearance and a great attitude are required
- Confidence operating equipment with a joystick or video game controller is required
- Technical troubleshooting skills to determine causes of unexpected issues
- Must be a quick study and able to understand, and keep current on, operational requirements of the equipment
- Must have a clean driving record, with current FL driver's license
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions
- Must be able to communicate effectively with other individuals
- Must be able to maintain good relations with employees, supervisors and contractors
- Must be in good physical condition to perform above job duties as outlined above
- Must be able to visually inspect tools, vehicle, equipment, and/or machines
- Must be able to perform basic interior and exterior cleaning of the shuttle
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. or push up to 150 lbs.
Bonus if you have any of the following qualifications:
- Multi passenger driving experience
- Strong technical background
- System admin experience
- Customer support / help desk support experience
Commitment: This is part-time (up to 30 hours per week), ongoing contract position staffed via HireArt and based in Orlando, FL. This opportunity starts with a $10/hr paid training, with an increase to $15/hr after the successful completion of training.
HireArt and our client provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.