Location:San Francisco, CA
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
Assignment Length:2 month contract
HireArt is helping the world’s fastest-growing rideshare company find a Firmware Engineer to design, develop, code, test, and debug system software. The ideal candidate will have 2+ years’ software engineering experience, including C or C++, and proven experience with embedded systems design.
As Firmware Engineer, you will:
- Design and implement software of embedded devices and systems from the requirements stage to production and commercial deployment.
- Analyze and enhance efficiency, stability, and scalability of system resources.
- Review code and design.
- Integrate and validate new product designs.
- Support software QA and optimize I/O performance.
- Provide post-production support.
- Interface with hardware design and development.
- Assess third-party and open source software.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering
- 2+ years of working experience in software engineering
- Solid programming experience in C or C++
- Experience in hands-on developing and troubleshooting embedded targets
- Proven experience with embedded systems design on preemptive, multitasking, real-time operating systems
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer review
- Excellent knowledge of OS coding techniques, IP protocols, interfaces, and hardware subsystems
- Adequate knowledge of reading schematics and data sheets for components
- Strong documentation and writing skills
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 2-month contract position through HireArt and based in San Francisco, CA.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas.