Expected Pay Rate:$48.00 - $55.00 per hour
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
Assignment Length:12 month contract
HireArt is helping the world’s largest social network hire a Mechanical Assembly Technician to build, test, and repair devices under the direction of engineering staff.
In this role, you’ll help engineers design, test, and manufacture consumer products, test fixtures, and other equipment.As a Mechanical Assembly Technician, you will:
- Work with product development and sustaining engineering teams to assemble, test, and validate new product designs.
- Assemble engineering prototype devices (e.g. mechanical, electrical, and optical assemblies) in low/medium quantity.
- Document and maintain prototype parts inventory.
- Perform prototype device sustaining activities, including repairs, maintenance, updates, and workflow management.
- Design, fabricate, and assemble fixtures and other tooling for experiments and prototype assembly/tests.
- Perform laboratory experiments and document results.
- Organize and maintain an engineering lab to ensure a clean, safe, and efficient workspace.
- Perform DFM/DFA reviews and documentation of feedback.
- Associate's degree in engineering technology or related field
- Relevant vocational training or 5+ years of experience working in an equivalent role
- Hands-on mechanical and electro-mechanical assembly experience (optical component assembly and handling is a plus)
- Experience with hand tools (e.g. drivers, drills, files, and taps) and assembling of devices
- Experience with high accuracy measuring devices (e.g. micrometer, dial indicator, laser, etc.)
- Ability to work in a self-directed, hands-on manner with minimal direct supervision (experience working in production and/or service support environments is a plus)
- Proficient with MS Office applications (i.e. Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Basic troubleshooting skills
- Team player with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to read 2D engineering drawings and knowledge of 3D geometry and 2D drafting experience (e.g. NX) is a plus
Commitment:This is a full-time, 12-month contract position staffed via HireArt and based in Redmond, WA. It will be fully remote until offices reopen and is available to candidates local to the Redmond area.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas or employ corp-to-corp.