Expected Pay Rate:$82.00 - $92.00 per hour
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
Assignment Length:1 year contract
HireArt is helping the world’s largest social network find a Software Engineer for their graphics research team to test new image warping methods for use in AR/VR systems by doing software prototyping for algorithms that will be developed. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years’ experience with C/C++ and have an understanding of how texture filtering works in GPUs and how 3D coordinate systems are used by GPUs.
As Graphics Software Engineer, you will:
- Write simulation code that emulates proposed algorithms, both for offline and real-time results.
- Render simple 3D scenes (spheres and cubes) for test cases as well as integrate results from other rendering systems.
- Collaborate in refining algorithms for generating parameters that specify the image warp.
- Write clean, readable code, debug complex problems that span systems, and prioritize to maintain efficiency.
- Learn constantly, dive into unfamiliar technologies, and embrace the ambiguity of AR/VR problem solving.
- Work closely with perceptual research team as well as other domain experts to evaluate results.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field
- 5+ years C/C++ experience, including C++11 (and up) features and principles
- 5+ years of experience creating software for games or other high performance/complexity environments
- Experience with one or more low-level graphics frameworks (e.g. DirectX or OpenGL) is nice to have
- Solid working knowledge of image warping and GPU texture filtering algorithms
- Working knowledge of geometrical rendering including 3D coordinate spaces
- Hardware algorithm design, architecture, prototyping, and simulation
- Knowledge of GPU architecture, GPGPU, caches, code generation, and profiling
- Experience working with silicon teams
- Understanding of fixed-point math
- GPGPU experience, such as CUDA, OpenCL or DirectCompute development
- Embedded and low-power environments (mobile SoCs, DSPs, etc.)
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 1-year contract position through HireArt and based in Redmond, WA.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas.