HireArt is looking to hire a part-time Policy Content Editor. The position can be on-site at our client’s Seattle office (located downtown), or remotely with periodic in-person meetings in Seattle. This is a part-time contract position that will continue through the end of 2018.
As Policy Content Editor, you'll work with legal, policy, and content strategy to develop a standardized content template, workflow, and process for customer-facing legal and policy content. Once established, you'll edit, proofread, format (using basic HTML), and publish article content following the set style guidelines. You'll need to feel comfortable advocating for best practices around content standards, while still knowing when to be flexible.
Someone who gets satisfaction out of standardizing and ensuring that content is consistent and accurate will enjoy this work.
- Work collaboratively and cross-functionally with content strategists, lawyers, and policy makers.
- Develop a standardized content template.
- Develop a workflow to streamline the editorial process.
- Edit and proofread FAQ-style articles, maintaining consistent style guidelines.
- Format articles using HTML and publish using a content management system.
- Audit existing articles for out-of-date information, typos, broken links, and consistency.
- 3+ years experience in editing and proofreading (bonus if you've done work helping make complicated legal language understandable)
- Ability to code basic HTML (paragraphs, headings, links, inline styles)
- Experience developing editorial templates and workflows
Commitment: This is a part-time, 5-month contract position. This role can be based on-site in Seattle, or remotely with periodic meetings at the Seattle office.