Expected Salary$47.00 - $51.00 per hour
HireArt is looking to hire a Content Director to work on-site at Newport Academy’s offices in Nashville, New York City, or Orange County on an ongoing contract basis. In this role, you’ll oversee the Content Team and ensure overarching marketing strategies are adhered to in all tactical decisions.
This national leadership role is charged with the creation, adaptation, and application of dynamic, cohesive, cross-platform strategy and tactics. The Content Director crafts tactical plans, ensuring objectives are on brand and in line with the integrated strategy.
The Content Director is the identity of the brand, ensuring it is exemplary in all marketing and content initiatives. This role oversees, along with the CMO, all internal and external platforms, including web, PR, print, messaging, and brand positioning.
You’ll steer marketing collateral, digital content, web properties, PR direction, social, and overall branding, and be the gatekeeper regarding marketing and content messaging, best practices, and overarching marketing strategy for the organization in collaboration with the CMO.
This position provides strategic direction, impeccable tactical, editorial, and creative competence, strong leadership aptitude, and top-notch team management to effectively create, utilize, and leverage all marketing and content resources and initiatives to serve and surpass the business needs across all campaigns and platforms.
- Collaborate with CMO/CEO on the planning and implementation of marketing and content strategies and brand development initiatives to drive leads, generate conversions, and move the dial in all Mark/Comm efforts.
- Strategize, produce, manage, and synchronize marketing and content initiatives for all internal and external outlets, enacting agility in messaging and deepening the brand experience in person and online ensuring owned, earned, and paid efforts deliver in accordance with projected growth.
- Oversee Project Managers, Graphic Designers, Writers, Editors, Content Coordinators, and all freelance contributors, and any additional team members as needed to drive efficiencies and productivity in team workflow and deliverables.
- Maintain consistent review of KPIs for marketing and content efforts to ensure strategic efforts deliver in accordance with desired direction.
- Apply SEO best practices for optimum content production and placement, campaign management, ensuring owned and earned channels evolve steadily to drive ROI.
- Generate a fluid content calendar and editorial plan while coordinating with all departments and agencies, both internal and external, to map content and allow for timely spontaneity in content production.
- Generate, write, edit, and steer creative direction for all channels, including web pages, web content, articles, ghostwritten pieces, PR, and any other projects needed for internal and external properties.
- Assign articles, multimedia projects, and real-time capture to freelance and internal contributors, videographers, and photographers; manage, write, copyedit, and oversee content production, applying and steering creative direction of brand messaging, ensuring content is inspirational, educational, influential, compelling, and driving engagement.
- Manage a team of associates, including writers, editors, fact-checkers, and contributors, generating fresh content, tapping into keyword-related topics, timely trends, and news-related items.
- Oversee and coordinate with external agencies including but not limited to PR, SEO/Advertising, acting as support and liaison for the CMO/CEO on objectives, deliverables, and action plans.
- Maintain guidelines and best practices for internal competencies and adherence to organizational policy, ensuring internal governance.
- Ensure Marketing + Content Team maintains in-house and external sources in content creation applying best practices, including directing video production, ensuring content is on brand through ideation, script notes, production.
- Review and reflect analytics in a compelling ongoing narrative to the internal team that adheres to organizational objectives and provides actionable insights for marketing and content evolution, mining qualitative and quantitative data for recommendations and revision in strategy.
- Support executive and clinical staff in content and communications efforts, as needed.
- Drive the implementation of partnerships and brand experiences, collaborating with stakeholders to develop and maintain mutually beneficial brand affiliations, uphold successful brand presentation, and leverage event content for digital media outlets and deepen peer and audience relationships.
- 8+ years of leadership in Marketing and Content fields, with a firm command of branding, marketing strategy, content strategy, team mobilization, PR strategy, SEO best practices, communications messaging, content creation, digital know-how, publishing, and content proliferation
- Experience in the health and wellness space
- Leadership excellence, with proven skills in communication and team cohesion to energize and activate creativity and initiative
- Excellent project management capabilities with an innovative mindset
- Proficient in CMS varieties, digital pub dashboards, Google Analytics, MS Office Suite capabilities, evolving platforms
- Impeccable written, verbal and visual aesthetic sensibilities
- Min bachelor’s degree, certifications, or commensurate experience as applicable
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week) ongoing contract position through HireArt and based in Nashville, TN, New York, NY or Orange County, CA.
Newport Academy is a series of evidence-based healing centers for adolescents and families struggling with mental health issues. With locations across the United States, Newport Academy offers a family-systems approach, providing gender-specific, individualized, and comprehensive holistic programs that encompass clinical therapy, academic support, and experiential practices. We treat individuals, ages 12–20, who are experiencing depression, anxiety, eating disorders, trauma, and substance abuse. Offerings include residential treatment, intensive outpatient programming, therapeutic day schools, and day treatment. Newport Academy nurtures the physical, psychological, social, educational, and spiritual needs of adolescents and their families, from a foundation of compassionate care, clinical expertise, and unconditional love. Our primary mission is to empower teens and restore families. Experts include medical directors, psychiatrists, therapists, registered dietitians, nurses, licensed social workers, teachers, and more. www.newportacademy.com
Newport Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.