HireArt is looking to hire a Vehicle Reliability Test Engineer to work on-site at our client's Atwater campus on a contract basis.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Track and document vehicle test and durability issues, and communicate detailed, concise test reports.
- Perform vehicle evaluations, identify potential customer complaints, investigate root causes, and recommend potential countermeasures.
- Organize and facilitate pre, post, and mid-test design inspections and test reviews.
Additional Key Responsibilities:
- Develop, plan, and execute new and existing vehicle reliability and durability tests.
- Train technicians and drivers on durability and reliability best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field, or equivalent years' relevant experience
- 2+ years experience in vehicle reliability and durability, such as performance testing or prototype development
- Knowledge of theory, methods, and techniques used in vehicle testing and maintenance
- Detailed understanding of automotive systems and failure modes (e.g. physics of failure), especially hybrid and electric powertrains
- Experience troubleshooting mechanical and electrical systems with a variety of hand, power, diagnostic, and debugging tools
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Organized with a high level of attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability and willingness to travel occasionally
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Instrumentation and data acquisition experience
- 3+ years in vehicle reliability, durability, performance testing, or prototype development is a plus
Commitment: This is an ongoing long-term contract position.