Location:Los Altos, CA
Schedule:Monday-Friday, 9 AM - 5 PM
Assignment Length:6 month contract
HireArt is helping Toyota Research Institute (TRI) hire a highly motivated Legal Associate. In this role, you’ll draft, review, analyze, modify, and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements and other contractual instruments with clients and vendors with the support of the business.
The ideal candidate will be a creative thinker with strong problem solving skills and the ability to stay calm under pressure, work independently, handle multiple (and many) assignments simultaneously, and effectively manage deliverables with time-sensitive deadlines.
As Legal Associate, you will:
- Identify and explain non-standard terms and associated risks to relevant business stakeholders and interpret contract requirements, obligations and risk exposure and advise on the same.
- Toyota AI Ventures: (1) manage early-stage investment transactions with assistance of outside counsel; (2) miscellaneous duties with supervision from TRI senior counsel.
- Manage TRI internal policies and procedures
- Facilitate and own internal contract approval process and implement a process to deliver continuous improvement of standard form agreements and legal processes, with an emphasis on efficiency and scalability.
- Partner with internal stakeholders in a continued effort to streamline contract-related processes as well as integrate templates across varied business units.
- Maintain and update form agreements, contract management systems, and other databases to ensure compliance with policies and risk tolerance.
- Educate business partners on key commercial, legal, corporate policy, and other considerations by providing follow up information to internal stakeholders to ensure timely performance and adherence to terms of contracts.
- Juris Doctor degree and an active member of a state bar, in good standing.
- 3+ years of experience at a law firm or in-house.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and an ability to clearly and simply explain complex ideas.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and issue resolution abilities and an eagerness to work in a cross-functional role with the entire team.
- Strategic thinker with verifiable history of providing sound and practical advice.
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 6-month contract position staffed via HireArt and based in Los Altos, CA.
HireArt provides Equal Employment Opportunity without regard to the applicant's race, color, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, religion, marital status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state or local laws.
At Toyota Research Institute (TRI), we’re working to build a future where everyone has the freedom to move, engage, and explore with a focus on reducing vehicle collisions, injuries, and fatalities. Join us in our mission to improve the quality of human life through advances in artificial intelligence, automated driving, robotics, and materials science. We’re dedicated to building a world of “mobility for all” where everyone, regardless of age or ability, can live in harmony with technology to enjoy a better life. Through innovations in AI, we’ll...
● Develop vehicles incapable of causing a crash, regardless of the actions of the driver.
● Develop technology for vehicles and robots to help people enjoy new levels of independence, access, and mobility.
● Bring advanced mobility technology to the market faster.
● Discover new materials that will make drive batteries and hydrogen fuel cells smaller, lighter, less expensive and more powerful.
Our work is guided by a dedication to safety – in how we research, develop, and validate the performance of vehicle technology to benefit society. As a subsidiary of Toyota, TRI is fueled by a diverse and inclusive community of people who carry invaluable leadership, experience, and ideas from industry-leading companies. Over half of our technical team carries Ph.D. degrees. We’re continually searching for the world’s best talent ‒ people who are ready to define the new world of mobility with us!
We strive to build a company that helps our people thrive, achieve work-life balance, and bring their best selves to work. At TRI, you will have the opportunity to enjoy the best of both worlds ‒ a fun start-up environment with brilliant people who enjoy solving tough problems and the financial backing to successfully achieve our goals. If you’re passionate about working with smart people to make cars safer, enable the elderly to age in place, or design alternative fuel sources, TRI is the place for you. ‒ Start your impossible with us.