Expected Pay Rate:$60.00 - $67.00 per hour
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
Assignment Length:12 month contract
HireArt is helping the world’s largest social network hire a Firmware Software Engineer (3D Geometry) to join it in pushing forward state-of-the-art anthropometric analysis.
The ideal candidate would be able to take a real-world 3D scanning problem, create automated data registration pipelines, and derive parameters from meshes.
In this role, you'll collaborate with cross-functional teams to design/implement models estimating relevant parameters from geometric data.As a Firmware Software Engineer (3D Geometry), you will:
- Apply geometry and machine learning algorithms to 3D scanning problems (i.e. PCA on meshes, statistical shape modeling, and robust mesh registration algorithms).
- Develop data analysis pipelines based on 3D scanned geometry.
- Build software tools for high-performance computing environments with an emphasis on scalability and stability.
- Collaborate with internal, cross-functional teams for data collection, data processing, and analysis.
- Present regularly to large cross-functional teams and communicate progress.
- Pre-tax commuter benefits (through Alice)
- $25/month student loan contribution (through Goodly if applicable)
- Employer (HireArt) Subsidized healthcare benefits (with Sequoia)
- Flexible Spending Account for healthcare-related costs
- HireArt covers all costs for short and long term disability and life insurance
- 401k package through Human Interest
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Computer Graphics, Robotics, Computer Vision, or similar field
- 3+ years of experience in applied research and/or product development related to 3D geometry
- 3+ years of experience with any combination of the following: computer graphics, visual effects (VFX), differentiable rendering, machine learning
- Experience with 3D vision software tools and automation
- Experience with C++ and Python
- PhD degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Computer Graphics, Robotics, Computer Vision or similar field
- Demonstrated software engineering experience via work or contributions to collaborative codebase research projects
- 5+ years experience in applied research and/or product development related to 3D reconstruction and/or 3D geometry (in particular applications to face scanning and annotation)
- 5+ years experience with any combination of the following: computer graphics, machine learning, data sciences, statistical analysis, visual effects (VFX), computer vision, 3D rendering, 3D sensing
Commitment:This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 12-month contract position staffed via HireArt and based in Redmond, WA. It will be fully remote until offices reopen and is available to candidates local to the Redmond area.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas or employ corp-to-corp.