Location:New York, NY
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
Assignment Length:6 month contract
HireArt is helping IDEO find a strategic, highly organized Program Manager to partner with its COO and Chief of Staff to drive coordinated progress in the evolution of its business, talent, and cultural systems. In this role, you’ll synthesize a range of inputs into actionable roadmaps and plans, while navigating a complex organization and influencing senior business partners.As a Program Manager, you will:
- Partner with the COO and Chief of Staff to synthesize a complex set of transformation streams/initiatives, interdependencies, and risks into actionable plans.
- Develop/maintain a program roadmap that outlines workstreams, inter-dependencies, key stakeholders, roles, and responsibilities.
- Activate key partners to drive progress across all workstreams and initiatives, ensuring progress against program objectives.
- Proactively build business partner relationships to collaborate or gain buy-in on programmatic adjustments and action items.
- Anticipate roadblocks and proactively address issues before they impact business results.
- Ensure that relevant programs/projects are on track to deliver desired outcomes in necessary timeframes.
- Design and run meetings with a range of stakeholders. Ensure capture and timely dissemination of key take-aways and next steps.
- Develop/maintain a clear cadence of communication within the program teams—and across IDEO.
- Provide project management for key projects and initiatives within the program as needed.
- Identify risks and work with the COO and other stakeholders to develop mitigation strategies.
- 5+ years experience as a Program Manager in collaborative and strategic roles (a background in creative project management is a plus)
- Ability to synthesize extreme complexity into elegant and usable tools/systems for a wide range of stakeholders.
- Experienced in designing and maintaining program infrastructure, including the set-up of tools, systems, and communication norms.
- Adept at defining, communicating, and delivering against business outcomes.
- Ability to to build trust with a variety of stakeholders through craft excellence, business confidence, discretion, and sound judgment.
- Experienced with navigating complexity in matrixed organizations—and designing program approaches that respond to those complexities, unique business, and cultural realities.
Commitment:This is a full-time, 6-month contract position (with the potential for conversion) staffed via HireArt. It is fully remote and available to U.S.-based candidates local to Chicago, IL; New York, NY; Los Angeles, CA; or the Bay Area.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas or employ corp-to-corp.
IDEO is a design company known for its human-centered, interdisciplinary approach. As early leaders in the practice of design thinking, we create positive impact through design by applying our creative mindsets and skills, and by teaching others to do the same. We help clients and customers around the world build the capacity and outcomes required to navigate today’s complexity and lead their markets.
As problem solvers, we drive change, build new ventures, and design digital and tangible experiences for business, social, and governmental sectors through co-creation with our clients. As teachers, we help individuals, teams and organizations cultivate the confidence they need to step into the future with optimism and creativity.
We are 600+ designers, builders, entrepreneurs, engineers, data and behavioral scientists, teachers, researchers, and other specialists.
We have studios in North America (Cambridge, Chicago, New York, Palo Alto, San Francisco), Europe (London, Munich) and Asia (Shanghai, Tokyo), as well as project spaces around the world.
IDEO's managing directors today are distributed globally across our studios, so we no longer have a headquarters in the traditional sense.