Location:Menlo Park, CA
Expected Pay Rate:$46.00 - $51.00 per hour
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
Assignment Length:5 month contract
HireArt is helping the world’s largest social network find a Technical Artist to support a team of researchers and engineers working in the embodied AI field. The ideal candidate will have 3+ years’ relevant experience and expert-level 3D modeling skills.
As Technical Artist, you will:
- Collaborate with engineers and researchers to build 3D simulations and achieve embodied AI research goals.
- Adapt external datasets for use with simulation platform, including converting source 3D formats, annotating and cleaning up meshes, and inspecting incoming datasets and loading them into simulator.
- Help drive technical requirements for 3D data acquisition effort.
- Help with demos and presentations as needed by gathering and polishing screenshots/videos.
- Author 3D metadata and create mockups for experiments as needed.
- Maintain static web content (e.g. text, images, videos) as needed.
- 3+ years’ experience with 3D modeling, with an emphasis on hard-surface/inorganic modeling
- Experience with geometry LOD creation, including mesh simplification and normal-map generation
- Expert-level skills in at least one popular 3D modeling package (e.g. Blender, 3ds Max, or Maya)
- Knowledgable about various model formats (e.g. obj, gltf, etc.)
- Intermediate-level experience with lighting, authoring lights, and baking lightmaps
- Basic understanding of rendering concepts, lighting techniques, normal maps, PBR, ambient occlusion, glass shader, and post-processing effects
- Intermediate-level experience in Photoshop or similar 2D software as well as Unity Editor or Unreal Editor
- Experience scripting in preferred 3D modeling software
- Intermediate-level experience with rigging, skinning, and animation
- Intermediate-level HTML and CSS skills
- Knowledgable of GPU texture formats (DXT, ETC, etc.), HLSL, GLSL, and writing shaders
- Experience with Linux terminal/CLI and Python
- Experience installing graphics drivers
- Strong OS and general computer skills, including troubleshooting and using screen-recording software
- Robotics and/or physics simulation experience
- Basic web development experience, including performing basic website tasks like configuring nameservers, uploading files, configuring SSL, and configuring a 404 page
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 5-month contract position through HireArt and based in Menlo Park, CA.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas.