Location:San Francisco, CA
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
Assignment Length:1 year contract
HireArt is helping our client find a Tech Innovation Editor/Writer to help lead content development each month, from concept to publication.
You’ll be a part of the technology communications editorial team, which manages a bundle of digital content channels focused on AR/VR, artificial intelligence, engineering, and other aspects of innovation that collectively reach nearly 18 million people. This is a team of storytellers — a mix of trained journalists, video producers, and marketers.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of editorial experience, preferably at a traditional media company or branded content studio. You should have a diverse portfolio of content that showcases your ability to convey complicated and nuanced topics in clear, elegant prose to targeted expert and non-expert audiences.
This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 1-year contract position through HireArt and will be fully remote.
As Tech Innovation Editor/Writer, you will:
- Help lead the development of up to 10 pieces of content each month, from concept to publication, often under tight deadlines.
- Manage projects across the client’s public relations, marketing, creative, product, legal, and engineering teams to outline and develop a variety of content including articles, scripts, talking points, and other materials.
- Research, package, write, and edit content from internal and external sources to develop insightful and engaging company and brand narratives.
- Help develop content beyond text-based stories including infographics, charts, videos, etc.
- Interview AI researchers, engineers, executives, and other people working in tech innovation.
- Use data to inform content recommendations and decisions.
- Work effectively with the client’s distribution lead to help content reach target audiences.
- Bachelors degree in english, journalism, communications, or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of editorial experience, preferably at a traditional media company or branded content studio
- Proven ability to quickly identify, research, and package story ideas that stand out in a crowded marketplace for technology content
- Proven ability to spot trends and themes, preferably in technology
- Proven ability to translate dense, technical information into clear, widely accessible prose
- Experience writing short- to long-form content under tight deadlines
- Experience developing visual- and social-driven content
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a highly cross-functional team
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Proven ability to anticipate and mitigate risk
- Strong attention to detail
- Must include a portfolio link on resume showcasing relevant work
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 1-year contract position through HireArt and will be fully remote.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas.