Location:San Francisco, CA (Remote)
Expected Pay Rate:$55.00 - $75.00 per hour
Schedule:Monday-Friday, 40 hours per week. PST business hours are preferred
Assignment Length:Contract to hire
HireArt is helping Phil—a health-tech startup pioneering a software therapy deployment platform—find a Senior Back End Software Engineer to join its growing team.
In this role, you’ll help build and scale the company’s backend workflow engine/platform.As a Senior Back End Software Engineer, you will:
- Design and implement a rule-based workflow engine that handles complex prescription management and processing logic.
- Develop tools and algorithms to test and measure the performance of the workflow engine.
- Work closely with product managers to understand the business problem, help them with the technical feasibility of the implementation, perform requirement validation, and review the designs/business flows.
- Design, implement, test, and launch the company’s backend services and API platform for multiple consumer apps.
- Work collaboratively with remote Dev and QA teams reviewing implementation and answering queries about the platform.
- Deliver performant, reliable, scalable, and secure code.
- Experience building rules engine-based processing and or workflow management systems
- Experience building and maintaining secure, end-to-end systems and services using any language (golang and MongoDB are preferred)
- Deep understanding of algorithms and efficient data structures
- Experience working with all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle–ranging from architecture and design to implementation and testing
- Strong critical thinking, debugging, and problem solving skills
- Sense of ownership: you would develop, manage, and evolve the core logic of the company’s platform and features
- Strong interest in understanding the underlying business and the problem the company want to solve using technology
- Strong motivation to cleaning technical debt, keeping an eye on new business flows, evolving requirements, and building platform scalability/robustness
- Experience building systems and services for health-tech company is a plus
Commitment:This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 6-month contract-to-hire position staffed via HireArt. It will be fully remote and is open to all U.S.-based candidates.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas or employ corp-to-corp.
Founded in 2015, Phil is a San Francisco-based Series D health-tech startup, pioneering a software therapy deployment platform, offering pharmaceutical manufacturers a modern alternative to traditional access, affordability and distribution options. Through its digital stakeholder experiences, patient access services, market access solutions and distribution models, pharma manufacturers are able to deliver affordable and timely therapy access to patients. For more information on Phil, visit https://phil.us/