Location:Menlo Park, CA
Expected Pay Rate:$86.00 - $105.00 per hour
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
Assignment Length:6 month contract
HireArt is helping the world’s largest social network hire a senior UI/UX Designer to join its on-site, client-embedded team.
In this role, you will contribute design work to multiple, simultaneous projects in a fast-paced environment, collaborating cross-functionally with the company’s creative director, producer, communications/marketing teams, product designers, engineers, and researchers.
The ideal candidate will bring fresh approaches on strategy and execution to break through/humanize into technical spaces—while championing refinement and brand consistency during growth. You will be a self-starting creative with experience in campaigns, brand design systems, infographics, and social media content design. You will also bring a passion for design, photography, type, and motion (especially how they come together to tell compelling stories) and be able to translate complex concepts into easy-to-understand visuals.As a UI/UX Designer, you will:
- Design/produce compelling visual assets (static and animated) for a technical audience and our externally facing blog/social media channels.
- Design/re-skin diagrams, presentations, and infographics for research content, while contributing to the development of the broader design system of the company’s brand.
- Collaborate with the digital marketing, research, creative, and communications teams, contributing to the development of the company's social media strategy and correlating design system.
- Strategize, concept, and support brand management for our external-facing brand, including support on the company’s website.
- Concept, design, and oversee production of integrated, internal/external brand awareness campaigns, events, and conferences (e.g. collateral and swag).
- 6+ years relevant experience working in a digital company, agency, or studio
- A link to an online portfolio showcasing your work is required to be considered for this role
- Strong working knowledge of Figma and entire Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects are especially important)
- Experience with photography, design, visual systems, illustration, light animation, and GIF creation
- Understanding of web UX/UI trends and best practices
- The ability to design and animate short-form video content
- Experience designing for websites and social channels, as well as variety of traditional mediums
- Solid understanding of social media content best practices (e.g. formats, performance, and web accessibility)
- Experience developing effective social media content with speed
- Experience partnering with engineering and media teams to deliver scaled programs
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter with excellent communications skills (written and verbal)
- Understanding of Artificial Intelligence
- Experience creating social media content with researchers and developers
- A passion for using design execution to grow presence in social media
- Video editing
- Familiarity with front end code
- Proficiency with project management tools like Monday.com, Wrike, or Asana
Commitment:This is a full-time, 6-month contract position staffed via HireArt and based in Menlo Park, CA. It will be fully remote until offices reopen and is available to candidates local to the Bay Area.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas or Corp to Corp hiring.