We are looking for vehicle safety specialists to be a part of the Google self-driving car project; responsible for operating a vehicle for six to eight hours per day collecting data for our engineering team. Develop a unique set of operational skills using vehicles running proprietary software and hardware. Operate comfortably in a fast-paced environment, sometimes managing up to four communication channels simultaneously via various high- and low-tech mediums. Work on cutting-edge technology and provide engineers with detailed, accurate feedback.
Professionalism, care, and personal responsibility required at all times -- we have developed a strong team culture of safety and expect everyone to adhere to team standards of conduct. Must pass a number of training checkpoints, both in and out of the car. Expected to keep all project details confidential. Clean driving history required.
Summary of Primary Duties:
- Drive 6-8 hours a day, five days a week.
- Working individually and in small groups of 2-10 people.
- Monitor software systems with constant focus.
- Provide concise written and oral feedback to the engineering team.
- Complete daily reports and document procedures and tests.
- Be open to travel (up to a month at a time).
- Raise the bar of excellence for the rest of the team!
- BS/BA degree.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent written communication skills. Must be able to type at least 40wpm.
- Clean driving history and no criminal history
- Must currently reside in Phoenix, AZ or the surrounding area
This is a position on the self-driving-cars team at Google.