Location:Los Altos, CA
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm, with potential for occasional overtime
Assignment Length:1 year contract
HireArt is helping Toyota Research Institute (TRI) hire a highly-skilled Simulation Scenario Specialist to join their Simulations Operations Team. The Simulation Operations team uses simulation to accelerate the development of new vehicle capabilities, catch performance issues before on-road testing, and verify that system requirements are met.
We are looking for highly-skilled individuals to contribute to this effort, which will have a significant impact on the overall effectiveness of the organization. This team is rapidly evolving, and those who are willing to learn and continuously improve will thrive here.
Remote work is currently supported. Candidates local to the Bay Area are desired.
As Simulation Scenario Specialist, you will:
- Use 3rd-party and proprietary driving simulation tools to author and refine scenario tests.
- Work closely with customers to provide relevant testing solutions.
- Perform quality checks on new and existing tests.
- Suggest tooling improvements to meet customer needs and increase efficiency.
- Detect and report tooling bugs and inconsistencies.
- Develop and refine documentation and training materials.
- Triage incoming bugs and requests.
- +1 year of software development or programming in Python is a big plus
- Experience with programming or software QA/QC
- Experience with simulation software, mapping software, or other 3D applications
- Proficiency with Linux command line
- Familiarity with Atlassian tools (Jira, Confluence) or other task management and documentation tools
- Experience working in the autonomous driving industry
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Organized, thorough, and meticulous
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas.
At Toyota Research Institute (TRI), we’re working to build a future where everyone has the freedom to move, engage, and explore with a focus on reducing vehicle collisions, injuries, and fatalities. Join us in our mission to improve the quality of human life through advances in artificial intelligence, automated driving, robotics, and materials science. We’re dedicated to building a world of “mobility for all” where everyone, regardless of age or ability, can live in harmony with technology to enjoy a better life. Through innovations in AI, we’ll…
- Develop vehicles incapable of causing a crash, regardless of the actions of the driver.
- Develop technology for vehicles and robots to help people enjoy new levels of independence, access, and mobility.
- Bring advanced mobility technology to market faster.
- Discover new materials that will make batteries and hydrogen fuel cells smaller, lighter, less expensive and more powerful.
Our work is guided by a dedication to safety – in how we research, develop, and validate the performance of vehicle technology to benefit society. As a subsidiary of Toyota, TRI is fueled by a diverse and inclusive community of people who carry invaluable leadership, experience, and ideas from industry-leading companies. Over half of our technical team carries PhD degrees. We’re continually searching for the world’s best talent ‒ people who are ready to define the new world of mobility with us!
We strive to build a company that helps our people thrive, achieve work-life balance, and bring their best selves to work. At TRI, you will have the opportunity to enjoy the best of both worlds ‒ a fun start-up environment with brilliant people who enjoy solving tough problems and the financial backing to successfully achieve our goals. Come work with TRI if you’re interested in transforming mobility through designing safer cars, enabling the elderly to age in place, or designing alternative fuel sources. Start your impossible with us.