Location:Menlo Park, CA
Expected Pay Rate:$117.00 - $127.00 per hour
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
Assignment Length:1 year contract
HireArt is helping the world's largest social network find a Battery System Engineer to design and test battery pack designs. The ideal candidate will have an advanced degree in electrical engineering, a strong understanding of power electronics, and experience with battery charging and battery module design.
As Battery System Engineer, you will:
- Perform schematic capture, layout review, and component selection for lithium ion battery charging, gauging, and protection.
- Work with contract manufacturers to realize designs.
- Develop test plans and engineering requirements documents to implement and validate the design.
- Conduct design reviews with cross-functional team and incorporate the feedback.
- Develop new architectures for battery pack design.
- Master's or PhD in electrical engineering or mechatronics
- 5+ years experience with battery charging and battery module design management for consumer electronics
- Strong electrical engineering fundamentals (i.e. analog and mixed signal circuit design)
- Strong understanding of power electronics including switching converters, regulators, and chargers
- Understanding of communication busses, especially I2C, SPMI, and SPI
- Ability to develop test and automation programs using Python and shell scripts
- Detail oriented with the ability to work with cross-functional team of mechanical, electrical, and software engineers
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 1-year contract position through HireArt and based in Menlo Park, CA.