HireArt is looking to hire a Ground Control Manager to join Airbnb’s growing Seattle office on a contract basis. In this role, you’ll be the ultimate host by anticipating team needs and taking creative action to improve morale and productivity.
The Global Ground Control Team is focused on creating meaningful experiences for the people at Airbnb through celebration, appreciation, communication, and experiential moments that facilitate employee connections. An ideal candidate for this role is creative, motivated, resourceful, enthusiastic, and deeply passionate about work culture. In this role you'll be a host who fosters inclusion and team participation and act as a central resource for both visitors and employees while shaping and cementing team and office culture.
- Create unique programs that inspire the team and foster interaction and collaboration.
- Partner with regional and global teams to execute local programs and global cultural initiatives locally.
- Manage Ground Control budget and ensure allocation of resources align with Airbnb’s mission and strategy.
- Stay current - trendspotting ideas, products, and engagements that would resonate with the internal audience.
- Manage off-site event planning and logistics, including advising on best ways to drive office and team culture through experiences.
- Implement recognition moments, such as milestones and contributions, as appropriate.
- Coordinate local office meetings and manage office newsletter.
- Drive creative projects to support programs, such as posters, table tents, digital displays, etc.
- Gather data and drive feedback mechanisms.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of relevant experience involving project execution, events management, and office operations
- Experience in HR and people management highly preferred
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and prioritize while maintaining quality of work
- You’re a natural host and enjoy putting together experiences for others - from planning and execution to clean up
- You love to create and never get tired of improving things
- Passion for and personal familiarity with Airbnb as a regular host or guest
- Experience working in start-ups or dynamic and innovative environments is a plus
Commitment: This is a 4 mo. contract.