Expected Pay Rate:$23.00 per hour
Baidu USA, one of the R&D centers of Baidu, China’s largest search engine provider, is growing their team of Autonomous Vehicle Operators.
HireArt is looking to hire an Autonomous Vehicle Operator to work at Baidu USA’s Sunnyvale location on a contract basis. In this role, you'll operate test vehicles to directly evaluate and improve their technologies. You will be uniquely positioned to contribute to an exciting team that is leveraging artificial intelligence, deep learning, big data, advanced hardware, and high definition maps toward the goal of commercializing autonomous driving.
The ideal candidate is passionate about the Autonomous Vehicle industry, enjoys facing challenges, can quickly adapt to new processes, and is eager to add value with their feedback. You'll get to work with a high caliber, talented team, learn new skills, and be introduced to advanced software and hardware environments.
This is a full-time, 4-month contract role through HireArt which may require some flexibility in schedule to accommodate testing during different weather conditions.
As a HireArt employee you'll receive:
- Employer-subsidized health, vision, and dental insurance
- Employer-subsidized life insurance
- Employer-subsidized short and long-term disability insurance
- Master vehicle operations processes and practices
- Provide detailed feedback on the technology
- Be a voice of Apollo, an open source autonomous driving platform, to our partners, self-driving enthusiasts & curious onlookers
- BA/BS degree or comparable relevant experience.
- Valid US driver's license with at least 7 years of driving experience and a clean driving record
- Must have a sound understanding of autonomous vehicle technology
- Strong desire to learn new skills and technologies
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- You are a great collaborator and team player
- Experience with Linux Operating System
Nice to Have but Not Required
- Fluent in Chinese (Mandarin)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with public demonstrations
Located in the heart of Silicon Valley, Baidu USA’s team of elite, world-class researchers and engineers devote their time to tackling the most challenging, change-the-world projects in AI and related fields. Baidu USA is comprised of four groups: Baidu Research US, Intelligent Driving Group US, Baidu USDC and Smart Living Group US.
At Baidu USA, we act with the nimbleness of a startup, but as a global company, have access to immense computing resources and data. This makes Baidu USA the best place for those working in AI to see their work developed and potentially deployed to hundreds of millions of users.
The name Baidu was inspired by a poem written more than 800 years ago during China's Song Dynasty. Baidu, whose literal meaning is “hundreds of times,” represents a persistent search for the ideal.