Location:Ann Arbor, MI
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm, with potential for occasional overtime
Assignment Length:1 year contract
HireArt is looking to hire an Automated Driving Project Manager to work on-site at TRI’s Ann Arbor, MI location on a contract basis. As Project Manager, you’ll manage multiple cross-functional projects to deliver capabilities and infrastructure to support automated driving objectives. The ideal candidate is experienced, incredibly organized, and able to communicate effectively with diverse individuals to drive initiatives forward.
As Automated Driving Project Manager, you’ll:
- Manage multiple cross-functional projects to deliver capabilities and infrastructure to support automated driving objectives.
- Organize and drive engineering teams to define software architecture and design, and develop, test and deploy in-car passenger user experience and automated driving capability.
- Set, track and report status against scope, schedule, test plan and milestones with members of the project team and stakeholders across the broader organization.
- Identify, manage, track and communicate risks, opportunities, issues, and changes to maintain project objectives and success.
- Facilitate inter-team collaboration, performance, and productivity through transparent communication of requirements, dependencies, and skills needed for success.
- Produce and deliver executive-level presentations to successfully drive projects through review gates.
- Coordinate with other project managers, program managers, product managers, systems engineers, software engineers, hardware engineers, researchers, suppliers, members of other Toyota divisions, and TRI’s executive team to ensure clear communication and efficient workflow.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in engineering or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience in project managing software development
- Exceptional presentation development and delivery skills
- Comfortable engaging, presenting to and influencing Director and VP level leaders
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to dive into technical details to coordinate plans and progress with individual contributors, technical leaders, and stakeholders
- Experienced in Scrum-based Agile development including but not limited to managing user stories, backlogs, planning sprints, retrospectives
- Experience with G-Suite, Jira, Confluence, Slack, and video-conferencing tools
- Experience with Portfolio for Jira and Jira Query Language (JQL)
- 5+ years of relevant program management experience
- Experience managing projects with Automotive, Automated Driving, ADAS, high-paced software development, or similar
- PMP certification
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week with possible overtime), 1-year contract position with potential for extension staffed via HireArt and based in Ann Arbor, MI.
HireArt provides Equal Employment Opportunity without regard to the applicant's race, color, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, religion, marital status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state or local laws.
At Toyota Research Institute (TRI), we’re working to build a future where everyone has the freedom to move, engage, and explore with a focus on reducing vehicle collisions, injuries, and fatalities. Join us in our mission to improve the quality of human life through advances in artificial intelligence, automated driving, robotics, and materials science. We’re dedicated to building a world of “mobility for all” where everyone, regardless of age or ability, can live in harmony with technology to enjoy a better life. Through innovations in AI, we’ll…
- Develop vehicles incapable of causing a crash, regardless of the actions of the driver.
- Develop technology for vehicles and robots to help people enjoy new levels of independence, access, and mobility.
- Bring advanced mobility technology to market faster.
- Discover new materials that will make batteries and hydrogen fuel cells smaller, lighter, less expensive and more powerful.
Our work is guided by a dedication to safety – in how we research, develop, and validate the performance of vehicle technology to benefit society. As a subsidiary of Toyota, TRI is fueled by a diverse and inclusive community of people who carry invaluable leadership, experience, and ideas from industry-leading companies. Over half of our technical team carries PhD degrees. We’re continually searching for the world’s best talent ‒ people who are ready to define the new world of mobility with us!
We strive to build a company that helps our people thrive, achieve work-life balance, and bring their best selves to work. At TRI, you will have the opportunity to enjoy the best of both worlds ‒ a fun start-up environment with brilliant people who enjoy solving tough problems and the financial backing to successfully achieve our goals. Come work with TRI if you’re interested in transforming mobility through designing safer cars, enabling the elderly to age in place, or designing alternative fuel sources. Start your impossible with us.