Location:New York, NY
Schedule:40+ hours per week, Monday-Friday, with occasional weekend/evening hours as needed (EST)
Job DescriptionHireArt is looking for a full-stack engineer to join our product team. Our product team is a small (but growing) group of engineers and one designer. We are open to both fully remote employees based in North America as well as in-person work at our office in New York, NY (once reopened). The ability to accommodate typical Eastern Standard Time (EST) working hours is desired.
We’re looking for another engineer to join us in trying to solve one of the biggest problems in hiring: how to effectively measure a person's fit for a job. We want to do it in a way that is intuitive and transparent for both employers and job-seekers, and which scales to support organizations of any size.
We believe that the right solution requires both algorithms and human judgment, and we’re developing technologies that incorporate both. We believe that by building a product around new standards for assessment in recruiting, we can dramatically improve the accuracy of hiring decisions, as well as the job-seeking process.
You would help build pieces of the employer- and job seeker-facing apps, as well as internal tools we use in our back-end operation. You would also contribute to our R&D effort, working with domain experts to incorporate their knowledge and experience into our web application.
Some of our current projects include:
- Building out modern HRIS tools (e.g. healthcare enrollment, reference checking workflow, etc.)
- Tools for employee engagement and retention, including a two-way feedback system for managers and contractors
- Integrations with various vendors (health insurers, 401k providers, commuter benefits)
- A data model for assessment that includes human- and computer-generated input to render decisions about job applicants
- Testing our assessment model using data about hiring and retention
Our technology stack includes React, Rails, Postgres, Git, and Heroku. We each own specific product verticals and enlist each other’s help to get things shipped. We like to have thoughtful group discussions on a range of topics, from software architecture to company strategy. We make sure every voice is heard and every opinion is considered.
- Have at least 5 years of professional programming experience
- Have at least 3 years of professional experience with Ruby on Rails or a similar MVC framework (and are eager to apply those skills to Rails)
- Are interested in the hiring process and are excited about improving it
- Are a strong communicator, both synchronously and asynchronously
- Are excited about being a part of (and fostering) an engineering culture that embraces collaborative exploration in the pursuit of robust, scalable solutions
- Are eager to engage in code reviews, architectural and product discussions, code refactoring, and debugging
- Have a healthy relationship with tech debt – you’re experienced with building new features while limiting tech debt and you’re not averse to investing a reasonable amount of time to pay it off
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week) position. We are open to both fully remote employees as well as in-person work at our office in New York, NY (once reopened).
HireArt is a software company building the standard for easy contract employment. We offer employers a seamless platform that covers every part of the employment process, from finding talent to screening and interviewing, onboarding, benefits, payroll, HR support, and outplacement. We offer employees a modern, responsive and caring home base where they can enjoy the support of a traditional workplace with the fluidity of contract work.
You can think of HireArt as Zenefits or Gusto for contract staffing. Our strategy is to provide the best contract employment experience for clients and employees in a market that is expensive, manual, local, provides limited services to employers and workers, and sees limited use of software to scale manual processes. The contract staffing industry is a trillion-dollar market worldwide and there are no other modern contract employment platforms.
HireArt blends technology with personalized support to make the contract employment relationship an excellent experience for everyone. We've already helped build teams at hundreds of awesome companies including, Facebook, Google, and Airbnb, and we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of applicants in their job searches.
For HireArt employees, we offer Salary + Equity + Benefits packages including:
- Health, dental & vision insurance (100% paid by HireArt)
- Generous vacation policy
- Commuter benefits