HireArt is looking to hire a Photo Editor to work on-site at our client’s San Francisco office on a contract basis. In this role, you’ll work with teams dedicated to transforming the home-sharing marketplace. As Photo Editor, you’ll evaluate, provide feedback on, and edit images from home listing photography shoots submitted by photographers working across the globe.
We’re seeking a talented Photo Editor with experience in architectural photography. You also possess exceptional interpersonal skills, are comfortable giving and receiving technical feedback, and can thrive in a fast-paced, cross-functional startup environment.
- Evaluate photo submissions on the basis of exposure/lighting, composition, color balance, image sequence/layout, and attention to detail.
- Provide photographers with objective, technical feedback, and reject images that do not meet standards.
- Assist in rating and identifying the best interior photographers by market.
- Edit, crop, and sequence final image sets.
- Conduct quality control with new hires and existing photographers.
- A professional photography background with experience in architectural photography
- Comfortable giving technical photography feedback in writing
- Ability to coach photographers on shooting practices and style
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to interact with people from various countries and backgrounds
- The desire and drive to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven startup environment
- Ability to work cross-functionally to improve content, tools, and guidelines
- Willingness to learn and share knowledge
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom (or Aperture)
- Local to San Francisco
Contract: This is a full-time, 3-month contract position, with potential for extension, based in San Francisco, CA.