HireArt is looking to hire a Trust and Safety Specialist to work on-site at our client’s Portland offices on a contract basis. In this role, you'll work with teams dedicated to creating safe, reliable, and quality experiences for our client's platform users around the world.
You’ll educate users on safety and security measures, analyze reported fraudulent activity and identify trends, and work closely with cross-functional teams to improve internal Trust & Safety policies and tools.
We’re seeking candidates with relevant experience in e-commerce and fraud investigations. You’re data-driven, and able to identify patterns within complex bodies of data. You’re also a great communicator and team player, who can contribute insights and lead initiatives that elevate the quality of work overall.
The ability to work one weekend day is a must as potential schedules are Tuesday - Saturday or Sunday - Thursday.
- Educate users on how to maintain security and safety while using company platforms.
- Investigate potential scams and fraud cases and identify trends in fraudulent and suspicious activity.
- Comprehensively document and maintain a high level of confidentiality for investigations.
- Work with leads and cross-functional teams to develop and enhance internal policies and tools.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1+ years of relevant experience working in an investigative capacity
- Experience with customer ticketing systems
- Excellent investigative, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication
- Able to work independently and confidently with minimal supervision
- Able to lead small scale projects or initiatives that impact your team
- A flexible schedule to accommodate possible early morning, evening, weekend, or holiday shifts
- Proficient in Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.)
- Comfortable with Mac computers and platform programs
- Experience in risk management, fraud prevention, Trust and Safety, etc. a plus
- SQL, JSON, or equivalent experience with other coding languages is a plus
- Fluency in a language in addition to English is a plus
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 6-month contract position based in Portland, OR. The ability to work one weekend day is a must as potential schedules are Tuesday - Saturday or Sunday - Thursday.