Location:Menlo Park, CA
Expected Pay Rate:$24.00 - $26.00 per hour
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
Assignment Length:6 month contract
HireArt is helping the world's largest social network find an organized, diligent, proactive and fun-loving Merchandising Assistant as part of their Category Management team to help execute its massive holiday program.
In this role, you’ll work with Vendor Managers on the team to track holiday items through the assortment planning, forecasting, committing, and item setup process, and act as our sellers’ point of contact for any and all of their holiday needs. You’ll be responsible for learning how to use our client's systems and training sellers on it (of course we’ll train you first!), so the ability to learn systems quickly is a must have, as well as detail orientation and broadly, the ability to bring order to chaos. We’re a fun and dynamic team and can’t wait to meet you!
The ideal candidate is an experienced vendor/category manager with a lot of hustle and a passion for understanding sellers and how they can bring their brands to life in this new era of social commerce. An entrepreneurial mindset, selling skills, hustle, analytical reasoning, personal integrity and the ability to spot patterns - both instinctively and analytically - will be critical ingredients to a successful candidacy. Frequent personal shopping on social media and a background in DTC brands would also be valued.
This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 6-month contract position based in Menlo Park, CA. This position will be fully remote until offices reopen.
As Merchandising Assistant, you will:
- Define (and refine) category-specific assortment strategy using category expertise, A/B tests, and pattern recognition
- Identify high potential sellers that deliver the desired assortment and assist the Partnerships team in closing them by bringing category expertise and insights to bear in high priority pitches
- Own relationship with onboarded sellers
- Negotiate assortment additions, pricing, promotions and exclusivity to deliver a best-in-class category assortment
- Develop a seller success playbook
- Define tools required for success (both for sellers and vendor managers) and work with product to get them onto the roadmap
- Spot patterns in how different types of sellers drive success in social commerce and bring those insights to your broader book of business
- Monitor category-specific sales, traffic and user trends to generate actionable assortment insights. Catalyze cross functional teams (product, partnerships, search, ranking) to act on these insights and deliver business impact
- Accountable to category specific assortment growth and sales targets
- Bachelors degree
- 1+ year of experience in vendor or category management for eCommerce, sourcing from brands rather than white label sellers
- A consistent track record of delivering aggressive gross merchandise volume (GMV) growth through the rapid expansion of merchandise selection and flawless execution and follow-through
- A track record of creating commitment from external partners
- Experience in a marketplace (3P) setting, with gross merchandise volume (GMV) and profit accountability
- Experience at a brand-led company
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 6-month contract position staffed via HireArt and based in Menlo Park, CA. This position will be fully remote until offices reopen.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas or provide Corp to Corp hiring.