Location:New Orleans, LA
Expected Pay Rate:$20.00 - $24.00 per hour
Schedule:10-12-hour shifts are available 7 days per week.
HireArt is helping our client hire Autonomous Vehicle Operators to support B2B short-haul logistics in New Orleans on a contract basis. We're seeking motivated individuals with a passion for technology to join our client's operations team.
Hired contractors will receive a $500 sign-on bonus!
Gatik is leading the way in autonomous middle-mile delivery by developing a safe, efficient, autonomous delivery solution that addresses real pain points for the retail industry. Operating on fixed, predetermined routes, they are the first company to develop and deploy light/medium duty autonomous box trucks.
As Autonomous Vehicle Operator, you're responsible for our clients' Autonomous Vehicle platforms. You'll support transporting dry and refrigerated cargo, obtain data, and fix technical issues.
You're a valuable contributor, providing necessary feedback to engineering teams aimed at improving groundbreaking automated driving technology while meeting customer needs.
- Deliver goods for our client’s customers in a timely and professional manner.
- Consistently demonstrate situational awareness, an understanding of the technology in your care, and a willingness to constantly adjust to changes in the environment.
- Conduct a variety of critical data collection for engineering teams using software and hardware, and communicate through multiple channels.
- Be an ambassador for the technology by communicating expertly and courteously at all times with management, engineers, and members of the public.
Benefits for this role include:
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- $25/month student loan contribution
- Employer (HireArt) Subsidized healthcare benefits
- Flexible Spending Account for healthcare-related costs
- HireArt covers all costs for short and long term disability and life insurance
- 401k package (unmatched)
- Paid breaks and monthly lunch cards
- Plus Perks, including a $500 sign-on bonus!
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Customer relationship management experience
- Valid US driver's license and a clean driving record
- Able to demonstrate safe driving in all weather conditions
- Good mechanical aptitude and basic mechanical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient computer skills, including basic troubleshooting
- Type 40+ words per minute
- Ability to learn quickly and implement new concepts
- Interest in technology and autonomous vehicles
- Previous relevant experience is a plus (auto, technology, engineering, technician, etc.)
Working Conditions: Due to the nature of the position and daily inspections of the vehicle, this job often requires physical work including, but not limited to, bending, stooping, and various operational tasks that may require lifting up to 50 lbs.
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week with possible overtime), contract position staffed via HireArt and based in New Orleans, LA. 10-12-hour shifts are available 7 days per week. Additional hours are often available outside of normal shifts. Compensation is hourly and paid training is provided. An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of the initial training.
HireArt provides Equal Employment Opportunity without regard to the applicant's race, color, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, religion, marital status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state or local laws.
Gatik is a rapidly growing team of autonomous (self-driving) vehicle researchers and engineers with domain expertise in artificial intelligence, robotics, and computer vision. Founded by graduates and former researchers from the Carnegie Mellon Robotics Academy, we are building new concepts & groundbreaking solutions for autonomous vehicles in Canada and the USA.
We are developing autonomous vehicles (AVs), specifically designed to provide safe, effective, and cost-efficient short-haul, business-to-business logistics solutions to our clients. Our aim is to design and deliver the next generation of autonomous vehicles for commercial logistics in urban, semi-urban, suburban, and rural environments.
We have offices in Toronto, Canada, and Palo Alto, California, and we’re excited to be expanding our operations within the Greater Toronto Area. http://www.gatik.ai/