Expected Salary$50.00 - $54.00 per hour
HireArt is looking to hire a Content Strategist to work on-site at our client's Seattle office on a contract basis. We're looking for a highly organized, systems-oriented Content Strategist to create help and educational content for an internal design tool used by advertising teams.
You'd be responsible for the entire project end-to-end. This includes defining the information architecture for the content; creating, reviewing and editing all content; publishing the content on internal wiki site, and writing content creation guidelines.
You will need to be an expert in structuring, drafting, and creating product documentation, and a proactive problem-solver to get the information you need.
You also bring an eye for detail, and the ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously and deliver high-quality work on schedule.
- Understand the current channels the product team uses to educate people about this internal product and what is currently working well and what challenges the team is having with these existing channels.
- Audit the existing documentation and identify areas to improve, gaps to fill, and opportunities to elevate the documentation quality and coverage.
- Define project goals, including how to measure the success of the new documentation.
- Develop a plan to create all necessary documentation based on the audit you conducted.
- Create a new information architecture for the documentation.
- Write documentation and collaborate with engineering and design teams to review documentation.
- Publish documentation on the internal wiki.
- Develop and launch a communication plan for the documentation that aligns with the product team’s existing strategic communications plan.
- Write content creation guidelines and train our engineering and design teams about how to write help and educational content.
- Share analysis of the usage and success of the new documentation.
- 3+ years experience as a technical writer or content strategist
- Expert at hands-on drafting and editing in a CMS
- Experience in HTML and CSS preferred
- A strong portfolio demonstrating past work experience and deliverables
- A proven track record for designing and delivering customer-focused product documentation
- Able to effortlessly manage ambiguity, prioritize work and improvise in a fast-paced, deadline driving, detail-oriented environment
- Able to independently manage and deliver high-quality work on schedule
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Experience working directly with product teams, including engineering and design teams is a plus
- Understanding of design tools (Sketch, Origami, etc.) and design systems is a plus
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 4-month contract position through HireArt and based in Seattle, WA.