Location:New Orleans, LA
Expected Pay Rate:$20.00 - $23.00 per hour
Schedule:12-hour shifts are available 7 days per week (weekdays and weekends)
HireArt is helping our client hire Autonomous Vehicle Operators to support B2B short-haul logistics in New Orleans on a contract basis. We're seeking motivated individuals with a passion for technology to join our client's operations team.
As Autonomous Vehicle Operator, you're responsible for our clients' Autonomous Vehicle platforms. You'll support transporting dry and refrigerated cargo, obtain data, and fix technical issues.
You're a valuable contributor, providing necessary feedback to engineering teams aimed at improving groundbreaking automated driving technology while meeting customer needs.
Benefits for this role include:
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- $25/month student loan contribution
- Employer (HireArt) Subsidized healthcare benefits
- Flexible Spending Account for healthcare-related costs
- HireArt covers all costs for short and long term disability and life insurance
- 401k package (unmatched)
- Plus Perks!
- Deliver goods for our client’s customers in a timely and professional manner.
- Consistently demonstrate situational awareness, an understanding of the technology in your care, and a willingness to constantly adjust to changes in the environment.
- Conduct a variety of critical data collection for engineering teams using software and hardware, and communicate through multiple channels.
- Be an ambassador for the technology by communicating expertly and courteously at all times with management, engineers, and members of the public.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Customer relationship management experience
- Valid US driver's license and a clean driving record
- Able to demonstrate safe driving in all weather conditions
- Good mechanical aptitude and basic mechanical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient computer skills, including basic troubleshooting
- Type 40+ words per minute
- Ability to learn quickly and implement new concepts
- Interest in technology and autonomous vehicles
- Previous relevant experience is a plus (auto, technology, engineering, technician, etc.)
Working Conditions: Due to the nature of the position and daily inspections of the vehicle, this job often requires physical work including, but not limited to, bending, stooping, and various operational tasks that may require lifting up to 50 lbs.
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week with possible overtime), contract position staffed via HireArt and based in New Orleans, LA. 12-hour shifts are available 7 days per week (weekdays and weekends). Compensation is hourly and paid training is provided. An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of the initial training.
HireArt provides Equal Employment Opportunity without regard to the applicant's race, color, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, religion, marital status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state or local laws.