Expected Pay Rate:$25.00 - $27.00 per hour
Schedule:Monday to Friday, 9 am - 6 pm
Assignment Length:6 month contract
HireArt is helping our client hire a Data Collection Driver with a passion for technology to support initiatives at the company’s AI Lab. Our client is dedicated to providing high performance, low power, and low-cost Artificial Intelligence solutions by equipping smart cameras and cars with "brains" and turning them into intelligent entities.
The Data Collection Driver will be responsible for operating autonomous vehicle platforms on public and private roads while obtaining data and assuring safe operation.
As a specialist you're a valuable contributor, providing necessary feedback to the engineering team aimed at improving groundbreaking automated driving technology.
The ideal candidate is a skilled, experienced driver and an excellent communicator. Join our client’s mission to improve the quality of human life through advances in artificial intelligence and automated driving!
As Data Collection Driver, you will:
- Maintain the highest standard of safety, inside and outside of the vehicles.
- Conduct a variety of critical data collection through the operation of vehicles and communicate with the AI Lab engineering team.
- Be an ambassador for the technology by communicating expertly and courteously at all times with management, engineers, and members of the public.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Valid US driver's license with 5+ years of driving experience
- Able to demonstrate safe driving
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Ability to learn quickly and implement new concepts
Working Conditions: Due to the nature of the position and daily inspections of the vehicle, this job often requires physical work including, but not limited to, bending, stooping, and various operational tasks that may require lifting up to 50 lbs. Additionally, the Data Collection Driver should expect to spend approximately five to six hours inside the vehicle on a daily basis.
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week with possible overtime), contract position staffed via HireArt and based in Cupertino, CA. Compensation is hourly and paid training is provided. An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of the initial training. HireArt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.