Location:Cambridge, MA, Ann Arbor, MI and Los Altos, CA
Expected Pay Rate:$90.00 - $110.00 per hour
Schedule:Remote, Monday-Friday, requires flexible schedule to work across time zones
Assignment Length:6 month contract
HireArt is helping TRI hire an experienced and adaptable Senior Systems Administrator. In this role, you’ll work closely with TRI’s Information Technology team that implements the tools and infrastructure necessary to support their fast-growing and dedicated team of professionals.
This is a fully remote position open to qualified candidates throughout the U.S. Applicants local to cities where TRI is based - Cambridge, MA, Ann Arbor, MI, and Los Altos, CA - are preferred. A flexible schedule to accommodate work across Eastern and Pacific time zones is required.
As a member of TRI IT and TRI Core Engineering, you will be helping build out infrastructure as TRI grows, and will be supporting a highly technical user base who utilizes a diverse collection of complex software and hardware engineering tools.
We are looking for top performing IT professionals who have a broad-based experience building infrastructures and supporting software/hardware engineering and research teams.
You’ll work with small, tight-knit teams that accomplish a lot of work with relatively few hands. As a result, you’ll support customer facing activities. A critical part of being a good fit for the team is having good customer skills and the ability to embrace and live TRI values.
The successful candidate thrives in dynamic, fast-paced environments and quickly adapts to learn the latest technologies. The ideal candidate will have technical depth in multiple focus areas while maintaining an IT generalist mindset.
As Senior Systems Administrator, you will:
- Collaborate with software engineers, roboticists, electrical and mechanical engineers, and scientists to implement tools to further the TRI mission.
- Build and maintain on-premise and cloud-based servers, and support the cloud-centric ecosystem that TRI is building.
- Support the integration of Software as a Service (Saas) applications with cloud and on-premise systems.
- Maintain the availability and security of infrastructure through routine maintenance and
- patching of systems.
- Provide customer facing support to users throughout the organization and of all skill
- Support a remote, shelter-in-place workforce, and collaborate with a distributed IT team and other members of Core Engineering in Ann Arbor, MI, Cambridge, MA, and Los Altos, CA.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 7+ years of related experience in systems and server administration
- Experience supporting Ubuntu Linux, MacOS, and Windows operating systems
- Experience centrally managing and maintaining Ubuntu Linux, MacOS, and Windows endpoints
- Experience supporting large enterprise networks including Wired and Wireless networks
- Experience managing, automating and integrating cloud-based services (G-Suite, O365, ServiceNow etc.)
- Experience supporting networking switching and routing internally and across multiple connectivity vendors
- A proven track record supporting Virtual Private Cloud infrastructures (AWS preferred)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
A specialization in one or more of the following areas is required:
- Desktop engineering/endpoint management (automation, management, maintenance) for Ubuntu Linux, MacOS, and Windows operating systems
- Application and infrastructure integration and automation
- Management of firewalls and security infrastructure (Palo Alto Network or Juniper SRX preferred)
- Wireless network design, tuning, and deployment
- Virtualization management (VMware) and associated Backend SANs
- IT project and resource management or management of a small IT team
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), remote, 6-month contract position staffed via HireArt. Applicants based in Cambridge, MA, Ann Arbor, MI, and Los Altos, CA are preferred. A flexible schedule to accommodate work across Eastern and Pacific time zones is required.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas.
At Toyota Research Institute (TRI), we’re working to build a future where everyone has the freedom to move, engage, and explore with a focus on reducing vehicle collisions, injuries, and fatalities. Join us in our mission to improve the quality of human life through advances in artificial intelligence, automated driving, robotics and materials science. We’re dedicated to building a world of “mobility for all” where everyone, regardless of age or ability, can live in harmony with technology to enjoy a better life.
Through innovations in AI, we’ll...
● Develop vehicles incapable of causing a crash, regardless of the actions of the driver.
● Develop technology for vehicles and robots to help people enjoy new levels of independence, access, and mobility.
● Bring advanced mobility technology to market faster.
● Discover new materials that will make drive batteries and hydrogen fuel cells smaller, lighter, less expensive and more powerful.
Our work is guided by a dedication to safety – in how we research, develop, and validate the performance of vehicle technology to benefit society. As a subsidiary of Toyota, TRI is fueled by a diverse and inclusive community of people who carry invaluable leadership, experience, and ideas from industry-leading companies. Over half of our technical team carries PhD degrees. We’re continually searching for the world’s best talent ‒ people who are ready to define the new world of mobility with us!
We strive to build a company that helps our people thrive, achieve work life balance, and bring their best selves to work. At TRI, you will have the opportunity to enjoy the best of both worlds ‒ a fun start up environment with brilliant people who enjoy solving tough problems and the financial backing to successfully achieve our goals. If you’re passionate about working with smart people to make cars safer, enable the elderly to age in place, or design alternative fuel sources, TRI is the place for you. ‒ Start your impossible with us. https://www.tri.global/