Expected Salary$29 - $32 per hour
HireArt is looking to hire a Maps Quality Analyst to work on-site at Facebook’s Menlo Park campus on a contract basis.
- Develop and manage analysis projects through cross-team coordination, to deliver the best geospatial analysis possible.
- Write scripts to query database and analyze data quality.
- Inspect, process, and edit data.
- Communicate analyses to a high-level audience for decision-making purposes.
- Support creation of and review technical specifications.
- Improve editing tools such as iD and Tasking Manager.
- Travel domestically and internationally for training.
- Provide real time coaching, mentoring, and support to new editors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or related field
- 2+ years relevant experience
- Experience with GIS software such as ArcGIS, Quantum GIS, PostgreSQL/PostGIS, iD and JOSM
- Experience with remote sensing and analyzing aerial imagery
- Strong competence in data analysis and data mining
- Demonstrated experience scripting solutions for repetitive tasks (using tools such as Python, Bash)
- Strong understanding of the OpenStreetMap (OSM) community and OSM data structure
- Outstanding attention detail and commitment to integrity and accuracy of data
- Ability to work well independently and with a collaborative team
- Strong interpersonal skills with excellent written and verbal communication
- Self-driven with proven leadership capabilities
- Results oriented with the ability to manage projects successfully
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy work environment
Commitment: This is a 12 mo. contract. May require national and international travel.