Expected Pay Rate:$70.00 - $80.00 per hour
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
Assignment Length:1 year contract
HireArt is helping the world's largest social network find a Graphics Simulation Engineer to test new methods for image warping for use in AR/VR systems. The ideal candidate for this role has 5+ years' C++ experience and a solid working knowledge of 3D rendering techniques and image warping.
This position is fully remote to start and will transition to on-site in Redmond, WA as offices re-open.
As the Graphics Simulation Engineer, you will:
- Write simulation code that emulates proposed algorithms, both for offline and real-time results.
- Render simple 3D scenes for test cases as well as integrate results from other rendering systems.
- Collaborate in refining algorithms for generating parameters that specify image warp.
- Write clean and readable code, debug complex problems that span systems, and prioritize tasks to maintain efficiency.
- Work closely with the perceptual research team as well as other domain experts to evaluate results.
- Bachelors degree in computer science or a related field, or 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- 5+ years C/C++ experience, including C++11 (and up) features and principles
- 5+ years with one or more low-level graphics frameworks, such as DirectX or OpenGL
- Solid working knowledge of 3D rendering techniques
- Solid working knowledge of image warping and GPU texture filtering algorithms
- Experience with hardware algorithm design, architecture, prototyping, and simulation
- Knowledge of GPU architecture, general-purpose graphics processing unit (GPGPU), caches, code generation, and profiling
- Experience working with silicon teams
- Experience using fixed-point math
- GPGPU experience, such as CUDA, OpenCL, or DirectCompute development
- Experience using embedded and low-power environments (mobile SoCs, DSPs, etc.)
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 1-year contract position staffed through HireArt. This position is fully remote to start and will transition to on-site in Redmond, WA as offices re-open.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas.