Expected Pay Rate:$25.00 per hour
Schedule:20 hours per week to start, potentially growing to a full-time, permanent role
Assignment Length:Contract to hire
HireArt is helping Rising Leaders hire a multifaceted and highly motivated Program Coordinator to support the company’s initiatives in Seattle. Rising Leaders provides leadership development training and mentors to underserved middle school students.
As Program Coordinator, you will support the planning and implementation Rising Leaders' programs, including fundraisers, mixers, and workshops, as well as provide programmatic administrative support.
The Program Coordinator will have a hand in a variety of areas, including: Workshop Operations, Program Analysis, Internal & External Communications, Mentor Recruitment, Fundraising Support, Financial Operations, and Marketing Assistance.
- Implement organization systems, procedures, and policies
- Monitor administrative projects
- Maintain a suggestion program
- Store and organize all documents in a central location
- Organize agendas and take minutes the for Board of Directors meetings
- Keep our insurance documentation current and up-to-date
- Track a donor database and provide thank you and end of year tax documentation
Program Support Duties:
- Execute workshop checklist items to plan and organize RLI workshops
- Disseminate, process, and review mentor applications
- Interface with school point persons to ensure workshop logistics are accounted for and executed
- Serve as the primary point person for Program Directors in each chapter and will help facilitate communications.
- Perform grant research and writing
- Assist in the training and management of volunteers
- Partner with photographers and designers to receive and store content deliverables.
- Help support the management of social media handles, developing a content calendar in partnership with the board.
- Proficiency with spreadsheets, databases, and word processing.
- Ability to develop effective work plans, organize details, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a dynamic work environment.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work as a team member with minimal supervision.
- Solid written and oral communication skills and excellent phone manner.
- Ability to operate and troubleshoot standard office equipment.
- Interest in and commitment to the Rising Leader's mission is helpful.
- Nonprofit experience a plus.
Commitment: This is a part-time (20 hours per week), contract-to-hire position with the potential to become permanent and full-time. The role is staffed via HireArt and based in Seattle, WA. HireArt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Rising Leaders, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that empowers low-income and underserved middle school students with high-quality mentorship and leadership development training. We are dedicated to supporting bright, young minds as they become leaders in their communities.
Rising Leaders Inc is an equal employment opportunity employer. We seek a broad and diverse pool of candidates and strongly believe that our organization benefits from the perspectives and talents of a diverse staff.