Location:Menlo Park, CA
Expected Pay Rate:$71.00 - $82.00 per hour
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
Assignment Length:3 month contract
HireArt is helping the world’s largest social network hire a Software Engineer to join its infrastructure team. In this role, you will apply the principles of computer science and mathematical analysis to the design, development, testing, and evaluation of the software and systems that make computers work. You will also research, design, develop, and test operating-systems-level software, compilers, and network distribution programs for medical, industrial, military, communications, aerospace, business, scientific, and general-computing applications.As a Software Engineer you will:
- Review and approve the modification of existing databases and database management systems.
- Instruct staff to write and code logical and physical database descriptions and specify identifiers of database to management system.
- Direct database development and approve project scope and limitations.
- Review project requests describing database user needs to estimate time and cost required to accomplish project.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement security measures to safeguard information in computer files against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure.
- Approve, schedule, plan and supervise the installation and testing of new products and improvements to computer systems.
- Develop standards/guidelines to guide the use and acquisition of software and protect vulnerable information.
- 5+ years experience as a Software Engineer
- Python programming skills are a must
- Experience in building WiFi and Bluetooth products
- Experience with Linux Kernel drivers development (e.g. SDIO and PCIe)
- Background in networking stack, performance, and memory optimizations
- Android programming (i.e. Java, HAL/HIDL, and native [C/C++] services development)
- Experience working with wpa_supplicant, hostapd, and libnl
- Background in debugging complex, low level kernel driver and WiFi/Bluetooth firmware issues
- Experience in wireless packet capture and analysis and setting up wireless test automation and development
Commitment:This is a full-time, 3-month contract position staffed via HireArt and based in Menlo Park, CA. It will be fully remote until offices reopen and is available to candidates local to the Bay Area.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas or Corp to Corp hiring.