Location:Los Altos, CA
Schedule:Monday-Friday, 9 AM - 6 PM
HireArt is helping Toyota Research Institute hire Shipping and Receiving Specialist to be the in-house expert in international trade compliance services. You'll oversee the process of daily shipments for both imports and exports, in addition to writing desk procedures and providing compliance training to other TRI staff members as needed.
The Shipping and Receiving Specialist will review current processes and determine procedures needed to be established to drive trade compliance at TRI’s three locations in the United States and support the needs of the foreign locations where TRI is shipping.
We’re looking for someone with strong organizational, collaborative, interpersonal, customer service, and communication skills. You’re comfortable with ambiguity and can work cross-functionally and communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical teams.
As Shipping and Receiving Specialist, you will:
- Analyze Export and Import procedures to review tariff, classification, and compliance processes.
- Provide written feedback regarding findings.
- Ensure staff is properly trained regarding Trade Compliance.
- Develop import and export procedures, including written procedures, internal communications, and ensuring internal shippers provide accurate data.
- Conduct valuation reviews, and work closely with Finance and Logistics to authorize the assignment of shipment values.
- Review and audit data declared to various government agencies to ensure compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of professional experience, ideally in shipping/logistics with exposure to international trade
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer-oriented mindset
- Excellent writing and documentation skills
- Highly organized and attentive to detail
- Able to work collaboratively and cross-functionally with diverse teams
- Process-oriented with great problem-solving abilities
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), ongoing contract position staffed via HireArt and based in Los Altos, CA.
HireArt provides Equal Employment Opportunity without regard to the applicant's race, color, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, religion, marital status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state or local laws.
At Toyota Research Institute (TRI), we’re working to build a future where everyone has the freedom to move, engage, and explore with a focus on reducing vehicle collisions, injuries, and fatalities. Join us in our mission to improve the quality of human life through advances in artificial intelligence, automated driving, robotics, and materials science. We’re dedicated to building a world of “mobility for all” where everyone, regardless of age or ability, can live in harmony with technology to enjoy a better life. Through innovations in AI, we’ll...
● Develop vehicles incapable of causing a crash, regardless of the actions of the driver.
● Develop technology for vehicles and robots to help people enjoy new levels of independence, access, and mobility.
● Bring advanced mobility technology to the market faster.
● Discover new materials that will make drive batteries and hydrogen fuel cells smaller, lighter, less expensive and more powerful.
Our work is guided by a dedication to safety – in how we research, develop, and validate the performance of vehicle technology to benefit society. As a subsidiary of Toyota, TRI is fueled by a diverse and inclusive community of people who carry invaluable leadership, experience, and ideas from industry-leading companies. Over half of our technical team carries Ph.D. degrees. We’re continually searching for the world’s best talent ‒ people who are ready to define the new world of mobility with us!
We strive to build a company that helps our people thrive, achieve work-life balance, and bring their best selves to work. At TRI, you will have the opportunity to enjoy the best of both worlds ‒ a fun start-up environment with brilliant people who enjoy solving tough problems and the financial backing to successfully achieve our goals. If you’re passionate about working with smart people to make cars safer, enable the elderly to age in place, or design alternative fuel sources, TRI is the place for you. ‒ Start your impossible with us.