Location:Menlo Park, CA
Expected Pay Rate:$53.00 - $63.00 per hour
Schedule:40 hours per week, Monday-Friday
Assignment Length:6 month contract
Job DescriptionHireArt is helping The World’s Largest Social Network hire a highly experienced Character Technical Artist. In this role, you’ll collaborate with engineering, research, and design teams to develop and optimize exceptional character content, track projects, problem-solve, and create new tools.
The ideal candidate has extensive experience as a Technical Artist and exceptional communication, collaboration, and project management skills.
You also have a strong set of technical and creative abilities: you’re proficient in Unity, Maya, C++ API, PySide/PyQt, with expert knowledge of character and facial rigging, blending and texturing, animation, and more.
As Character Technical Artist, you will:
- Partner closely with engineering, research, and art and design teams to define and develop content in Unity and/or Unreal Engine.
- Design, manage and maintain the pipeline from artists and designers.
- Optimize content through enhancing performance and collaborating with artists and designers on asset creation, modeling, materials, and texturing best practices.
- Work closely with engineers to implement tracking technologies, interactive objects and systems.
- Develop Maya tools and plug-ins for rigging and animation production.
- Develop broad technical expertise to assist in a wide variety technical and artistic tasks.
- Thrive in dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Collaborate and iterate based on the team's needs.
- Quickly solve issues with your cross-functional leads.
- Associate’s degree or higher
- 5+ years experience with Maya Python/PyMEL, C++ API, and PySide/PyQt
- 5+ years of experience in game development or film as a Technical Artist
- Experience working with Unity and/or UE4
- Expert knowledge of character rigging in Maya
- Experience in facial rigging and facial blendshape workflows on realistic humans
- Experience with wrinkle maps and expressions
- Experience with motion capture and tracking technologies
- Experience in animation
- Experience with realtime asset implementation and optimization techniques
- Experience with cloth simulation and/or Marvelous Designer
- Experience communicating across team members including engineers and artists
- Experience collaborating on multi-disciplinary teams
- Extensive Content development experience, including shipped AAA games
- Prior virtual or augmented reality experience
- Knowledge of emerging technologies
- Shader programming experience
- Expert understanding of human anatomy
- Proficient in Facial Action Coding System
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 6-month contract position staffed via HireArt and based in Menlo Park, CA. HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas.